Sunday, February 7, 2016

Leaving Logan

I recently read a quote, "My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay." That seems to describe my life as late.  I wasn't going to get married for several years. I was NEVER going to live in Logan again. I didn't want to have children for at least five years. I was never going to be one of those poor married college students. I would NEVER move in with my parents. Well I should probably just stop saying those kind of statements and I definitely shouldn't make any plans with my life, because as soon as I make a plan and think I have it figured out, it all changes. But, luckily I am grateful for everyone of those changes. I'm so glad I met Dayton when I did and that I get to be with him for eternity. I have grown to love Logan and it holds a special place in my heart. Not having children for 5 years, turned into 5 months. I absolutely love my two little boys and can't imagine life without them. I am grateful for the experience of being a "poor" married student. My masters degree was one of the best things I've done... in so many different ways. I am grateful Dayton and I had to learn to budget and be better with our money. Getting two Masters degree while starting a family and having me no longer work without going into debt seems pretty incredible. Moving back to Murray to live with my parents was SO unexpected and sudden, but there have already been so many good things and blessing that have come from it. It has been hard and I miss Logan terribly (the irony is kind of funny) but I know this is what our family needs to do right now. God works in mysterious ways.

We bought this beautiful little home in April.  We only lived from July to December, but it was my home. I grew to love this little place. We did a lot of remodeling and put lots of time and hours into making it ours. It was a lot of work, but I really enjoyed it and appreciate this place so much more. I hated to leave it, but luckily we have great renters in each of our units.
Hunter loves Logan. He loved seeing the big "A" outside our back porch every night. The last Sunday we were in Logan, we went up campus and had Hunter see the big "A" that he saw all over town. He was pretty cute. We have might have some future Aggies. :)




Typical Hunter grin. . . hahah


We wanted to have one last play date with some of our friends. We sure miss playing with them every day.
We decorated Christmas cookies.
June and Rory
Wil and Hunter






Hunter's masterpiece
This cute girl has been with me through it all. Jamie and I both unhappily moved to Logan where our husbands pursued Engineering degrees, but now have both grown to love that small town. We both were pregnant at the same time and had due dates just a day apart! This girl has SAVED me and is one of my very best friends. Grateful for her listening hear and advice. We miss the Melchers.

We were able to go to Logan last week to check out one of our renters and get it cleaned for our new renters. I got to spend a few hours with Jamie and Brooke Lee and their kiddos. SO fun. Hunter didn't want to leave. He had to keep giving Lucus Lee high fives. When started driving back to Salt Lake, Hunter started to cry and point towards their houses. . .  "that way mom! Go back! That way! Go back Logan. Go back Hunter's house!" I started to get a little teary eyed too. Yes kiddo, sometimes I want to go back that way too. . . but now we live in Murray and things are great there too. Sometimes change can just be hard.

Moenika was so great to let us come over to her house.  I was Moenika's visiting teacher for over two years.  She has become such a good friend of mine. We miss her, Rory, and Gill.

The kiddos.
Our last day in Logan we had to stop and see our dear friend Lois. She is just the greatest and we love this sweet lady! She was our neighbor before we bought our house. We used to visit with her all the time. She would even watch Hunter for me when I had doctor appointments. You wouldn't believe she is 86. Hunter loves Lois and her dog Rusty.




No comments:

Post a Comment