Saturday before Easter, I took Hunter to an Easter Egg Hunt at the Taylorsville Ball Park. It was one of the only free egg hunts. Since when did they start charging for these things? I wasn't sure how he would react, but he did much better than I would have expected. Hunter can be a little shy at times, so I was worried the mass of children would freak him out. He went about the hunt without a care in the world. He said, "Mom, I run fast!" He ran fast until the saw the candy on the ground and then he leisurely went from candy to candy while the others raced for eggs. We didn't really make it far enough to the eggs, but he was one happy kid to get a basket full of candy. "Oooh look, another one!" and he would add it to his collection. It's the little things in life.
We got home and I did a quick trip to the store to get a few last minute Easter gifts. Michael, Katie, Christian, and Charlotte all came over for an Easter breakfast and an Easter Egg Hunt. Uncle Michael showed Hunter a book with the famous Jimmy Jones paintings.
We ate a yummy brunch and were ready for Easter Egg Hunt round #2. Hunter was the only competitor so he got to take his time finding all the eggs in the living room. After he finished, the Uncles had their hunt around the house.
Papa and Hunter discovering treats in the eggs.
The boys and their baskets.
Carter was cracking m up. He is definitely teething and into the I'm going to eat and suck on everything. He didn't even need any treats. The basket was enough.
. . . and the eggs were pretty good too.
He is getting so big and loves to sit up. This picture reminds me so much of Aunt Mariah. Must be the blonde hair and blue eyes.
Just a posing.
Sunday morning we got the boys all dressed in their new Easter outfits. Trying to get a picture was a little ridiculous, but I do love how these boys already play and wrestle.
Seriously, so fun to watch them play.
Carter looking oh so handsome in his new spring outfit. Those little wispy curls melt my heart.
Gosh he is growing up so fast!
Our little family on Easter morning.



























No comments:
Post a Comment