Dayton went hunting over the weekend. John Powell and his dad had access to private land in Roosevelt. John had gotten an elk the week before but Dayton wasn't able to go with little Parker coming. Dayton was just itching to go and John and his dad were willing to take Dayton around so he could try and get an elk too. We decided he would go hunting the weekend after Parker was born. He would take the kids to Roosevelt and play with Grandma Shirlene and Grandpa Dave while he hunted. Luckily I had snowed the day before and they were able to track the elk down. Dayton shot an elk their first day out. He is proud to say that he AND his gun (my Dad's rifle in high school) have never missed a shot yet. Dayton wanted to process it all himself, but ended up taking it to a butcher and will smoke his own jerky from that. I've loved his elk jerky, so I was happy he got an elk too.
Dayton got to sport all his new gear I got him for Christmas. He was one happy dude.
The boys had a blast at Grandma's for the weekend. It was a nice change of scenery for them and it also gave me a break. I was able to sleep a little more over the weekend with everyone gone, which was really nice.
I've been teaching Hunter the piano for a few months now. He is catching on quickly and loves it. It seems most of his spare time is spent at the piano. Hunter made up his own Star Wars song and wrote it down so he wouldn't forget. Hahah.
They played games, had their "movie night," and spent lots of time at Grandma's preschool.








No comments:
Post a Comment