Monday, August 4, 2014

Star Valley

I have only been to Star Valley a few times and it has ALWAYS been in the winter. I couldn't figure out why the majority of Dayton's family would stay there and why everyone claimed it was the most beautiful place. Well I finally understand. We went to Star Valley a few weeks ago for the annual half marathon. I was planning on running it with Dayton's parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins, but I started have back problems again two weeks before the race.  After a lot of thought, I decide it probably wasn't worth messing my back up anymore and didn't end up competing.  I had trained all summer and was pretty bummed about it, but what do you do. We went anyways to cheer on everyone else. It looked like a great run and it really was beautiful up there!

Shirlene coming into the finish. She had a hurt knee, but still did great!

Hunter was digging grandma's medal!

Grandpa Dave coming in towards the finish. He killed his time by last year! At least 20 minutes off!

After we got back from the race, we went to see the famous Call barn.  Grandpa Dee and his siblings built the barn for family get togethers.  
Hunter enjoyed swinging on the swings at the playground

Then we took a tour of the house Grandpa Dee grew up in. He and his siblings turned it into a museum and kept lots of artifacts. It was very impressive and fun to see what it was like when Grandpa Dee grew up in Star Valley.
Following the tour, we went to hike the famous spring in Star Valley.  It was our first time using our hiking backpack. Hunter was definitely a fan.



It was such a pretty hike.

Grandma Shirlene and Grandpa Dave hanging out below the spring.
It was pretty neat to learn about the spring and how it erupts.
We made it to the top!
Aunt Joyce wouldn't let me end the trip without feeding the baby cows. It was my first time being that close to a calf and I was pretty impressed with my bottle skills.

The next day we were able to go to Dallin's farewell. He did a great job and we are excited for his great mission experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment