Hunter is officially a one year old. Holy cow we made it! I can't believe how fast it has gone. It doesn't seem like that long ago that I was in the hospital holding him for the first time. I was looking over his baby pictures and can't believe how little he was. I have so many good memories with our family over the past year. Who knew this little bundle of crazy could bring me so much joy? I love being his mommy. Having a one year old is SO different from a newborn and in my opinion so much more fun! Not only is it nice that both of us can sleep through the night, but I love how interactive, playful, and interested Hunter is with the world. I felt like the first few months was just getting used to the complete 180 life change. Your old life gets thrown out the window. Not working and staying home is definitely an adjustment not to mention absolutely no sleeping. I felt like all I did was sit on the couch and feed Hunter. Nursing is pretty time consuming at first and it's no surprise how I was so up to date I was on nearly every show on netflix. After the first couple months, life got better. I remember Hunter's first giggle. I still will do anything to hear that deep belly cackle. After the first 6 months Hunter got more on a schedule, was sitting up, and started eating solids. It wasn't until after our cruise that he developed a love for real food. Now he is an eating machine! I don't know how he is only in the 10th percentile because he eats and eats. Guess he is his father's son. I think after 9 months, it gets even more fun. Hunter started crawling a little before 8 months and is now a pretty good walker at one year. He gets into more and more things, but I love this stage. It is more fun. We enjoy going to the park, going swimming, going for walks, reading stories, and playing tag.
The older Hunter gets the more he reminds me of me. . . well personality that is. If you look at him he is pure Dayton, but he acts a lot like me. He is such a playful little tease. He is adventurous, curious, and happy. I will admit he is starting to get quite the little attitude (which of course Dayton attributes to me) and although it drives me crazy it is kind of cute. I can't get enough of his boy and am excited to see more of his personality the older he gets.
Dayton likes to tease me because I LOVE to celebrate. Seriously. That morning we woke Hunter up with balloons in his crib. He loved playing in them.
We had a birthday party for Hunter on his birthday. It was the Sunday over Labor Day and my family was enjoying the weekend at Bear Lake and were able to come over on Sunday for a party/barbecue. Hunter loves trucks and cars so I decided to go with a Tonk Truck theme for his party. I found these cute tractor cupcakes on pinterest that I wanted to make. They didn't turn out they way I wanted and Dayton and I joked they are the new "pinterest fail." Haha. Here are a few pictures. Just humor me. I tried.
I decorated the house with balloons and lots of yellow/black streamers and decorations. I am kind of sad I got busy with dinner and what not and never took a picture . . oh well. I made a little sign for a front door that said, "Caution one year old ahead!" I also decorated the tables outside and made this fun drinks with root beer. . . also didn't take a picture until the end so these were the left overs. Oops.

Hunter is quite the particular little man. He definitely knows what he likes. He has to be in charge, he'll eat and do things on his time frame and boy is he STUBBORN. (Another lovely trait from the Hunter side I'm afraid). Hunter got the flu a couple days before his birthday so I decided to go easy on the cake. I made a healthy version for him. Yes, I am one of those mothers. I found a recipe online that was full of his favorites- applesauce and bananas. Then I made frosting and sprinkled Oreos on top to make it look like dirt. Dayton- the engineer- helped me with the cake.
We sang Happy Birthday to Hunter and he did not know what to think! Remember how I said he was stubborn? Yeah, he wouldn't even try his cake! He just picked it up and threw it on the ground! What?!? Who does that? Hunter does apparently. I tried to give him part of his cake several times over the next week with no success. He wouldn't even TRY it. Ugh. That kid sometimes. Oh well. So we ended up throwing it away.
Dayton tried really hard to get him to taste it.


... but without success. Hunter 1, Dayton 0. At least he ate dinner right?
Later we went inside gave Hunter a quick bath and opened presents.

Dayton was trying out his new phone and got a panoramic pictures of everyone. Grandma Hunter, Papa, Uncles Bo, Christian, Preston, Dima, and Isaac and then Dima's friend Sameed came. Our cousins Lisa and Jordan came later.

My mom brought up a big bin of all of our old favorite toys. Hunter was thrilled!
His favorite toy! He could not get enough of it. Thought it was pretty funny.
Hunter loves playing with balls!
All this partying tuckered Hunter out. He had to lay down and rest between presents.
Hunter got lots of new books. He loves reading stories.
Uncle Isaac is always fun to play with.
Hunter's two uncles who just happen to be roommates this year! They wanted a pictures with the birthday boy to put up in their apartment.
It was a great day and we are grateful for all of our family and friends for their support over this past year. We are so lucky to have great families and wonderful examples for Hunter.




















No comments:
Post a Comment