Can't believe that I have a 2 year old! It has gone by way too fast. A little about Hunter. . .
Hunter is a very sweet, caring, and sensitive boy. He loves to give hugs and kisses. He wants me to hold me all the time and says, "hold you mama." He is very polite and I love to hear him say, "thank you mama" "You best mama." Hunter is a very cautious child. I never have to worry about him running off or darting into the road. He gets nervous around large crowds and new situations. Hunter is stubborn and needs to do things at his own pace, when he feels comfortable. Sometimes I struggle with this and try to push him, but I've learned that Hunter will do it when he is ready. He is teaching me patience :) Hunter has a very clear idea of what he likes and what he doesn't. Hunter is quite the little talker, but since he is so shy most people are just starting to realize how much he really does talk. He will say the same few words over and over until I acknowledge him and he knows I understood what he said. He just started saying his prayers and it melts my heart. Hunter is happy when he feels he is helping mom or dad. He is a very clean boy. He puts any clothes left out in the dirty clothes hamper and he doesn't like messes. If something spills on his tray he won't eat until it is cleaned up. Hunter is very observant and enjoys "people watching." The other day when we picked him up from nursery everyone was playing in a circle and holding hands. Where was my kid? Sitting on a bench watching everyone else. He isn't anti-social, but he is perfectly content to sit on the sidelines and watch other kids play. He finds it fascinating. Hunter is shy, but once he warms up to you, you are his best friend. He enjoys our neighbors and frequently asks to play with his few close friends. Hunter LOVES animals. From the animals on the farm, to any dog on the street, Hunter can't get enough. Just about all of our neighbors have chickens so every morning Hunter pops his head out the window and says, "Hello chickens! Bawk bawk bawk!" It cracks me up.
Hunter is a motor head and enjoys hearing the helicopters and airplanes in the sky. Garbage day is a BIG day at our house hold. As soon as he hears the garbage truck, he rushes to the front window to watch. Hunter loves tractors, cars, lawn mowers, ect.
Hunter's favorite toys are puzzles, books, his john deere tractor, tonka truck, mega blocks, toy cars, play lawn mower, and his baby dolls.
Hunter's favorite foods are veggies/hummus, chocolate, watermelon, pears, raspberries, indian food, chips and salsa, smoothies, rice chex, pancakes, fruit snacks, and chocolate milk.
Here are some pictures of Hunter over the past few months. I can't believe how much he's grown!
Hunter is a very sweet, caring, and sensitive boy. He loves to give hugs and kisses. He wants me to hold me all the time and says, "hold you mama." He is very polite and I love to hear him say, "thank you mama" "You best mama." Hunter is a very cautious child. I never have to worry about him running off or darting into the road. He gets nervous around large crowds and new situations. Hunter is stubborn and needs to do things at his own pace, when he feels comfortable. Sometimes I struggle with this and try to push him, but I've learned that Hunter will do it when he is ready. He is teaching me patience :) Hunter has a very clear idea of what he likes and what he doesn't. Hunter is quite the little talker, but since he is so shy most people are just starting to realize how much he really does talk. He will say the same few words over and over until I acknowledge him and he knows I understood what he said. He just started saying his prayers and it melts my heart. Hunter is happy when he feels he is helping mom or dad. He is a very clean boy. He puts any clothes left out in the dirty clothes hamper and he doesn't like messes. If something spills on his tray he won't eat until it is cleaned up. Hunter is very observant and enjoys "people watching." The other day when we picked him up from nursery everyone was playing in a circle and holding hands. Where was my kid? Sitting on a bench watching everyone else. He isn't anti-social, but he is perfectly content to sit on the sidelines and watch other kids play. He finds it fascinating. Hunter is shy, but once he warms up to you, you are his best friend. He enjoys our neighbors and frequently asks to play with his few close friends. Hunter LOVES animals. From the animals on the farm, to any dog on the street, Hunter can't get enough. Just about all of our neighbors have chickens so every morning Hunter pops his head out the window and says, "Hello chickens! Bawk bawk bawk!" It cracks me up.
Hunter is a motor head and enjoys hearing the helicopters and airplanes in the sky. Garbage day is a BIG day at our house hold. As soon as he hears the garbage truck, he rushes to the front window to watch. Hunter loves tractors, cars, lawn mowers, ect.
Hunter's favorite toys are puzzles, books, his john deere tractor, tonka truck, mega blocks, toy cars, play lawn mower, and his baby dolls.
Hunter's favorite foods are veggies/hummus, chocolate, watermelon, pears, raspberries, indian food, chips and salsa, smoothies, rice chex, pancakes, fruit snacks, and chocolate milk.
Here are some pictures of Hunter over the past few months. I can't believe how much he's grown!
Peanut butter and bananas is one of Hunter's favorite snacks.
Hunter loves water of any kind- baths, swimming, and even enjoys watching the irrigation come down our street.
We went to rotate our tires and Hunter couldn't get enough of this huge truck. This boy is the biggest motor head. He has ALL of the Call genes.
Hunter loves pillows and has now adopted mom's nursing pillow.
Hunter loves to take our phones and "talk." He can even call Grandma on the iPad.
Hunter sure likes his milk!
Dayton bought an old Tacoma a few months ago so he could have something to haul supplies and such while we are remodeling. It has been a lifesaver, but I think Hunter likes it the best. He is obsessed with Daddy's truck and always wants to play and ride in it. One night he didn't want to eat dinner unless it was in the truck. . . yes so I did cave and we ate dinner in the back.
Hunter has a love for smoothies, or "MehMeh's" as Hunter calls them. One morning I was sick from the pregnancy and a Jamba run was very necessary. We had a little date!
Hunter's favorite place to be is at the park. He loves it! We have enjoyed being outside all summer.
Ryan's park in River Heights is one of our favorites.


We go on walks almost everyday and sometimes twice a day. One of our favorite routes is to walk to the temple. Hunter loves looking at the water fountains. Everytime we drive by the temple, Hunter gets so excited and calls out, "Temple, Temple!" Makes my heart melt.
Hunter loves looking at the water fountains.
"I love to see the temple, I'm going there someday." We are so blessed to live so close!
We dressed up like cows and got free Chick-fil-a. Hunter doesn't care much for fries and chicken nuggets, but licking off all the ketchup is sure delicious.
Hunter wants to be just like Daddy and loves whatever Dayton loves. I can't wait until they can go biking together.
Hunter has become such an eater these last few months. Of course our food is so much more fun to than his. . . even when it is the exact same thing. Hunter likes pasta, but rarely eats it unless he can eat out of Daddy's bowl.
I've been selling lots of books and random things on Amazon as of late. We have made several trips to the post office and Hunter LOVES looking at the fish display. Now when we drive down the street he knows exactly where the post office is and always says, "Fish, fish!"
I started teaching piano lessons last fall and Hunter loves music, especially the piano. He thinks he is so big and can't wait until he can learn himself.
Uncle Cayden bought Hunter his first pair of Vans. He loves them.
We've sure enjoyed going to all the splash pads around Cache Valley this summer.
Hunter has helped Dayton re-model a lot of our house.
I think he is going to have a love for tools just like his Daddy.
Hunter LOVES lawn mowers. He enjoy mowing the "Logan"house with Daddy each week.
This past week we finished some cement work around our foundation and porch. It looks million times better and our neighbors claim it "greatly increased our curb appeal" hahah. Hunter had a blast working with Daddy and copied his every move. Wish I had a video of it, but at least I grabbed a few pictures. Here is Hunter cleaning the brushes for Dayton and helping Dayton put water into the cement mix.
We got home from the hospital the day before Hunter's birthday. I am a celebrator and wanted to make the day special for him, especially because he hadn't seen us much that weekend and I knew he would need extra mommy and daddy time with Carter now at home. Dayton stayed home from work and we spent the entire day with Hunter. It's a good thing Carter slept so much!
We started the day off with Hunter's favorite breakfast. . . pancakes with peanut butter and jam.
Gosh I love this kid! Isn't he the cutest?!?!
After breakfast, we opened Hunter's presents. Grandma Shirlene & Grandpa Dave gave Hunter a tool set and a table last week when they were in town. Hunter sure is spoiled! My mom gave him the little tikes house.
My parents also gave Hunter the "Dino-sorter." It sorts shapes, colors, and numbers. Hunter likes the songs it sings.
Dayton and I got Hunter a wooden truck/puzzle set.
Hunter was stoked! We also got Hunter a fish that he picked out at the pet store, a play lawn mower. and a swing for our backyard. Hunter also got a neck pillow because lately he has an obsession with pillows.
After presents, I took Hunter to the park by the temple. Hunter sure enjoys his rocks.
He loves this park because of the horses he can ride. He call it "the Zebra"
Riding the whale
We enjoyed going down the slide together and jumping off at the end.
We went inside the Whittier Community building to get a drink and found his fun ramp to run up and down.
We had a blast at the park and enjoyed the nice walk.
When we got back, Dayton and set up the swing on our tree. Hunter enjoyed playing with his Dad.
I spent time with Carter and Dayton played with Hunter. Dayton mowed the lawn and Hunter followed behind with his mower. I was nursing Carter and didn't get a picture! I was so sad, but I know there will be more of that to come. Then, I packed the boys a lunch and they headed up the canyon in Dayton's truck and had a picnic at second dam.
Hunter HAD to wear his favorite camo hat.
Our cute neighbors Katey and Cody brought Hunter a present.
He was so excited about his new monster truck.
Cody showed him the different tricks the truck could do and it was actually pretty impressive.
That night we had Christian, Bo, and Brittany over for cupcakes. I'm not very artistic and kept it simple with a mini cupcake cake. Since Hunter loves tractors, I tried to go John Deere style.
Hunter loves his uncles.
Still can't believe this cute boy is 2!
Happiest of birthdays to my little man!











































No comments:
Post a Comment