Saturday, March 26, 2016

Hunter and Carter Update

This is going to be a long post. Life has been busy lately and I have so much to say about my little guys! I can't believe how big my boys are getting. Time needs to slow down! Carter Bug just turned 6 months and Hunter is now 2 1/2. They are both changing so fast. 
At Carter's 6 month check up he weighed a little more than 15lbs (about the 20 percenttile, which is where he has always ben). He is in the 60th percentile for height and of course his head is in the 80th percentile. Guess we have big brains at our house. 
Carter is my sweet, cuddle buddy. He is such a good baby. People are always surprised at how happy he is. He just loves being around people and is a little social butterfly. Just looking at him will light up his world. I love talking with I'm and hearing him talk back. I will do anything to make him laugh and smile. Some days I just can't get enough of him. It's funny how much more I appreciate and enjoy the baby stage.  I could cuddle with Carter all day. I guess I just know how fast it all goes now.
 He is CONSTANTLY moving. He rarely sits still and I'm afraid my feeling of having a "crazy" Carter is probably going to come true after all. He is a good boy, just very busy. I'm used to having Hunter the observer, but Carter is anything but that. It has been fun to see how different Carter and Hunter are already. I enjoy getting to know Carter each day. Carter loves to grab anything in his reach. He can sit on his own for a short time and has mastered rolling over. He now enjoys being on his tummy more and I have even caught him sleeping on his tummy at night. Carter still doesn't take bottles, but at least eats less frequently than Hunter which has been a nice change. He wakes up about twice at night, but we are working on sleep training right now. Carter is a spitter! Holy cow we are both constantly soaking wet and stink like throw up. We got through SO much laundry and I pretty much just wear sweats or exercise clothes all the time because I hate changing and doing even more laundry.  To be honest, it is pretty annoying and I'm hoping he will start to out grow that. Carter is also a cat napper. He has never really napped and usually takes only two 15 maybe 20 minute naps a day. That makes life hard and I feel like I can't get anything done. I will admit, I get a little jealous when my friend's babies will sleep 3-4 hours plus a day! At least he is a happy baby though so I can't complain much. 
Carter loves to go for walks and read books with his brother. He can now tell when I leave the room and he definitely doesn't like that. He is turning into a Mama's boy. I sure love this boy.

This is Carter after being only 3 weeks. He traveled with me to Cedar for my cousins funeral. He traveled so well!

This is Carter at about 2 months.
 Carter at 3 months
Carter at 3 months. His funny facial expressions cracks me up.


Carter at 4 months getting used to sitting in his bumbo.
Carter hanging out in his bouncer at 4 months.
I just love his happy, smiley face. I just want to squeeze this cutie!

This is Carter at 5 months. This is after he got a haircut. His hair was getting a little crazy.




Carter at 6 months. Sporting his new baby leggings and bright, neon onesie. We are ready for Spring! Yes Carter is also in a Pink bouncer. Guess we don't believe in "gender" colors at this house. Seriously. . . his he just not he cutest ever? I know I'm biased, but he just melts my heart. Watch out ladies.


We just started feeding Carter solids. We started with Oatmeal and oh my gosh he is obsessed! I seriously can't get it in his mouth fast enough. He absolutely loved it. We have tried hubbard squash, butternut squash, carrots, and sweet potatoes so far and he is not really that into them. But, give him oatmeal and he is a happy boy.




Sometimes I feel like I could cuddle and play with Carter all day. He is just so happy, smiley, and giggly. I love it and can't get enough. I snagged a few videos of Carter playing with Dayton. I love his cute laugh!

 I have absolutely loved watching my two boys play and interact together. The older Carter gets, the more Hunter wants to be with him and it has been so fun to watch. Whenever I am having hard day with the kiddos, I will catch a "sibling" moment and it makes it all worth it. One day I went to go get a diaper and Hunter and Carter were playing together and both just giggling. They couldn't stop laughing and I almost cried. Hunter loves to make Carter laugh and always says, "Carter laughing at me. Carter thinks I'm funny." Hunter loves his little brother and reads him books every morning. He also says, "I want to play in Carter. Play cars with Carter." He is always concerned with Carter and wants to make sure he is okay. He wants to make sure he has eaten, slept, or has had his diaper changed. He is always thinking about Carter and will say, "Oh Carter would like this." Hunter also enjoys sining and talking to Carter. I LOVE IT.
Here is a picture of the boys and the card they made for Grandma Shirlene. They used their thumbs and toe prints to make balloons. They were quite proud :)
 One of their favorite places to hang out and read books, Thomas the train couch.
Whenever I wanted to take a picture of Carter, Hunter would automatically come down and want to sit by Carter and get a picture taken with Carter. . . so we have lots of pictures with this pose. Makes me smile.
The boys also like to take baths together and Hunter loves to see Carter splash and swim around.
Hunter thinks he is pretty funny.
I came into the kitchen and Hunter was taking a picture of Carter. Cracked me up. I guess he sees me doing that a lot. Glad I was able to capture that moment. 
I was going through pictures and found these two of Hunter and Carter. They are the exact same age. I couldn't believe their similarities. Carter is on the left and Hunter is on the right. Hunter is a little rounder than Carter, and didn't have as much hair. Carter has my lighter coloring. I was pretty blonde as a child. Carter has a little bit more of me, but not much. They both have those adorable big eyes and big grins. I just love these boys and think they are just about the cutest things in the world. 


I feel like Hunter has just exploded lately. The past few months, he has just grown up and I can hardly believe it. His language and independence has really. He phrases he says just cracks me up. He likes to say, "Sure mom. Yeah sure." or "Uh, yes I'm pretty sure." He likes to tell you what he likes and what is his favorite. "I like chocolate." He want to do everything by himself and is so proud when he accomplishes a task with zero or little help. After we moved in Murray, we had a few rough months of adjustments. The past few weeks we have gotten on our own routine here and he has finally started to sleep better again at night and he is turned back into his cute, happy self. The other day Dayton and I both were talking about how fun Hunter is to be around and how much we enjoy being his parents. I love his stage right now. After Carter was born, it was rough for a few weeks and then again when we moved, but now he is doing so well. I think a lot of it has to do with his increased language abilities. 
Hunter still loves playing outside, and has a new love for balls. I think living with his uncles has only increased that interest. He says, "my uncles the soccer players!" He is excited for Uncle Cayden to get home from his mission and play basketball with him. Hunter still loves construction and has now spotted the construction sites around town. The other day he told me, "Mom I'm digging with my excavator and dump trunk. I'm digging the foundation." I about died. Hunter has a great sense of direction and knows where the gym, library, store, and grandma's house are. Hunter knows how to count to 10 (and we are working on counting to 20). He knows his colors and some shapes. He also knows TONS of songs and nursery rhymes. We try and learn a new nursery rhyme each week and he loves practicing them. He loves music and his favorite thing is going to wiggle worm and singing at the library. Hunter loves play dough, going on walks, and running around at the park. He is getting very attached to Grandma and Papa and frequently asks, "Where are my uncles? I miss them." He is enjoying his time here in Murray. 
I am lucky to have such a good, obedient boy. He is a calm boy who observes everything around him. He is cautious and never have to worry about him running into the road. In fact, sometimes if a car is waiting for us to cross or is parked, he still won't even go into the road. It is nice not to have to worry about him darting off.
Hunter has a new love for chicken nuggets. I'm just glad he is starting to eat meat. He still loves his eggs, pancakes, and french toast. He shares his dad's love for breakfast. He is an early riser and wants to eat first thing. Hunter also enjoys anything chocolate (especially chocolate chips). He still is a good healthy eater and is new favorite snack is edamame. I'm not sure I know many 2 year old who request that.

At our house in Logan, Hunter enjoyed being outside and playing in our yard. Every night after work Dayton would work on one of his projects around the house and Hunter loved being his little helper.


Hunter likes playing with his color magnet puzzle he got for Christmas from Grandma Shirlene. He loves any kind of puzzles.
Hunter LOVES books. It is one of his favorite activities. He usually gets obsessed with one book and we read it over and over and pretty soon he reads them to me. He has lots of books memorized.
Hunter loves to sing. We sing songs all day and at night he requests that we sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" before he goes to bed each night. If I put him to bed, he also wants me to sing "I'm a Child of God," or "I Love to See the Temple." If Dayton puts him to bed, he has to sing "Away in a Manger." Dayton recorded him one night singing Twinkle Twinkle. I love listening to his high pitched voice.
Hunter is getting VERY independent. He loves standing on this stool and helping me cook dinner. There other morning we came downstairs and Hunter was making himself a PB &J sandwich (at like 7 in the morning). He had opened the pantry and gotten it all out and put it on the counter. We laughed pretty hard. He sure thought he was big and grown up. Hunter is full of surprises and I enjoy being with him all day and watching him grow and develop.

A few weeks ago Dayton and I were talking with Hunter.  We were telling him that we were his parents and Carter was his brother. Dayton told him he was our son, our child.  Hunter replied, "I'm a Child of God!" We looked at each other and laughed, a little surprised by his response.  It was funny, but it also touched my heart. Yes, Hunter you are a Child of God. I hope you always remember that.  I'm grateful for my boys and hope they always know they are loved by me and their Heavenly Father.


No comments:

Post a Comment