Wednesday, November 30, 2016

New House, New Pup!

October was quite the exciting month for us! We moved into our new home in Mapleton and are loving it here. I never expected to be in Utah County and honestly had never even heard of Mapleton until Dayton fell in love with the area, and after spending more time around here, I have too. It is such a great place to raise a family. The people here are genuine and down to earth. They have been very welcoming and I like our ward.  I love the "small" town feel. Who knew I would ever want that? But I love it. I love having a big backyard. I LOVE our fruit trees and orchard. I LOVE our view and location. I LOVE being so close to the mountains that I can bike and run on trails from my front door. I LOVE looking out my window and seeing a family of deer in our backyard throughout the day. We enjoy having our own space and room to actually put things. I'm finally not living out of boxes and storing close in bins that I have to rotate through. We don't have food storage stuffed under couches and beds. It is wonderful.
 I seriously can't get over the view from our house. I love looking out my window and seeing this. . . (and not backs of houses). 

 I love fall!
 Hunter likes chasing the deer and looking for them in our backyard everyday. Most days we see some. . . it seems we share our backyard with a deer family. It definitely makes for a nice clean orchard! I loved not having to pick up all the bad apples this year.

 We sure got spoiled with nice weather this fall. Not many days in November you can sit out and eat lunch on your back porch.

After a week of being in our new home, we welcomed our new puppy, Odis (Odie), to our home (Hunter was still insistent on the name but I'm coming around to it).  I have LOVED having him. For someone who is not much of an "animal" person and who has never had a pet, Odie is great. He is a warm, cuddly puppy and I enjoy having him around. I will admit, I am definitely his favorite. The kids love him. He is great with them, but is still a little jumpy (as are all puppies) so the kids don't love that, but they do enjoy having him around. They love to pet him, make sure he has food, and are enjoying teaching him how to "fetch."























No comments:

Post a Comment