Carter is officially 2 1/2. He is quite proud of that and will let just about everyone know that he is 2!
Carter is my ray of sunshine. He can make me laugh, smile, and shake my head. He has a sparkle of mischief in his eyes and I never know what he is going to do. He is silly, goofy, and the most loving little boy. He is all cuddles and snuggles. Carter can make friends anywhere and everywhere. He loves nothing more than to tease others (especially Hunter) and make people smile. Carter is also the most stubborn, particular little boy who loves to test my patience daily. Carter and I are a lot a like. When I get frustrated with him, Dayton smiles, and likes to remind me that I'm really just talking about myself.
Carter absolutely adores his brother Hunter. They absolutely must give each other hugs and kisses when ever Carter naps or before bed. It just melts my heart. As much as they fight, they are the best of friends. The other day, Hunter went to a friends house. It was the first time he went to play at a friends where I didn't go with him. Carter stayed home and was heartbroken. He missed his big brother and was sad to be left behind. After being bummed out, he quickly realized that he had mom all to himself and that was pretty great too.
Carter loves to wear Dayton's shoes around the house. His new favorite choice are Daddy's favorite work boots. Apparently he think he looks just as much like a "boss" as his daddy.
Carter is known for his luscious blonde locks. He really does have the best hair. It grows like weeds and is so hard to keep up on. Dayton insists that I just cut it short, so I don't have to keep "trimming" it every other week, but I can't bring myself to do it. I just love that crazy mop of a head. I have had people ask me if I round brush it out with a blow dryer because it has so much body to it. One morning I went to get Carter out of bed and I was greeted with this crazy hair do.
Carter loves doing crafts and his new favorite activities are playing with play-dough and painting.
Fun facts about Carter. He loves the potty. He has a little potty he uses (he isn't potty trained, but loves to sit on it. He does go by himself 1-2 a day, but isn't ready to be in underwear). His new favorite thing is to use his stool for a recliner so he can hangout on the potty. This boy. . .
Another fun fact about Carter is one of the happiest boys. He definitely can be a bit moody at times, but what 2 year old isn't? He is so happy all the time, it is hard to know when he was sick. One morning we were playing, laughing, and then just seconds later he laid down and fell asleep. I went to get something and found him on the floor. He was totally out. . . and had puked all over my bedroom. Poor kid. I would have never known he was sick. He reminds me of the energizer bunny, he goes and goes and goes.
Carter loves being with family. He found Uncle Isaac to cuddle with.
Carter and Evelyn love playing together. They are only two weeks apart and are such good friends.
Carter loves playing "house" or "kitchen" and enjoys making pretend food for people. He also loves stuffed animals.
When Carter does something, he is all in. He has no reservations and will jump all in to whatever he is doing. This is a blessing and a curse. Sometimes I wonder if this kid is going to survive. He has a sense for adventure. He loves to be apart of everything and doesn't want to miss out. He loves anything with a motor, especially Dayton's dirt bike. It's only a matter of time before he will have his own I am sure.
Carter loves our dog Otie and nicknamed his own stuffed animal dog Otie. He brings is EVERYWHERE. He has to eat by us, play by us, and he sleeps with Carter every night. You can see in the picture above that he is sleeping on him. Carter loves his stuffed animals. Carter also loves his baby doll. He makes sure to change its bum and he sleeps with it every night.
Carter's favorite animals are dogs, horses, and ducks.
Carter loves the color yellow and in his opinion, none of the other colors matter.
Carter loves food. He is the biggest foodie. He still loves any kind of meat and bread. His favorite fruits are mangos, pineapples, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and bananas. He doesn't care for blackberries. He likes corn, green beans, peas, and cucumbers.
Carter also loves avocados, peanut butter, hot dogs, and smores. He still has his allergies, but it doing so well. Now we are just working with him to communicate what foods he wants to eat.
Carter just recently started bonding more with Cooper and it has been so fun to watch them interact. Carter had reservations about Cooper at first and it definitely took a few months for him to warm up to him. Now he calls Cooper his baby and loves to talk with him and make him smile and giggle. It melts my heart. I sure love this boy of mine. He is in such a fun, sweet stage.





No comments:
Post a Comment