Hunter has been telling everyone that he is 4 1/2 for the past 5 months so I guess it's about time I wrote about it. Hunter wants to be bigger, faster, and stronger.
Hunter helps me to be better. He keeps me on track by reminding me to read the Book of Mormon together at bedtime. He also makes sure we both don't say words on our naught word list. If we catch each other we get a penny. I'm pretty sure we just exchange pennies, but we have both been better lately.
Hunter is always looking for ways to make money. He does pretty good at his jobs. The other day he asked Dayton, "Daddy, do you have any projects we could do? I want to earn more money." Right now he is trying to save up for a new lego set.
Hunter is very social and makes friends easily, no matter where he is. He loves playing with his friends.
Hunter loves legos, trains, and books. He loves any kind of game and is extremely competitive. He likes to ride his bike and play outside.
Hunter loves hamburgers, pizza, tacos, and chocolate. It is not uncommon for Hunter to ask for a salad.
Hunter says the sweetest prayers. He always thanks me for making such a wonderful dinner. The other night he said, "Please help me to beat Daddy in checkers next time we play." We had a good laugh. Another time we were sitting at the table and Hunter cleared his throat and he said, "Mom! Why didn't Heavenly Father answer my prayers?" Confused, I asked Hunter what he meant. He replied, "Well, last night I asked Heavenly Father to make my cough better and I still have a cough!" I kind of laughed because he didn't even have a cough, but if you have ever heard Hunter try and clear his throat you know what I am talking about. Dayton then said, “That is hilarious, we need to write that down.” Hunter responds “Yeah! Write it down and send it to him so He gets it this time!!!” Then we had a good talk about how sometimes prayers aren't answered when we want.
Hunter and I had a sweet moment together that touched my mommy heart. Hunter was really sick one night and did not feel good. He woke up in the night crying for me. I ran in to see what was the matter and he asked me to stay and cuddle with him in bed for a while. I held him and he said, "Mom, I just feel really sick. What could I do to make me feel better? . . I know. I want to say a prayer to Heavenly Father." He then gave the sweetest most sincere prayer asking that he could feel better and that he could sleep. I love moments like that. Hunter can be so sweet. Sometimes he can be sassy and has an attitude, but he is a kid. Yes, he can be emotional and throw fits, but he really is very sweet and extremely thoughtful. He already told e he is trying to think what to give me for Mother's day, which is still months away.
Hunter loves Carter. One day I took Carter with me to the store and he told Dayton, "Dad, is Mom going to be home yet? I just really miss Carter. I want to play with him. They are best friends.
Another time Hunter told me, "I want to be bigger so I can go to work with Daddy. . . well actually I don't want to get bigger because I want to stay home and play with Carter. If he does something and I am not here, I would miss it and I don't want to miss it."
Silly boys. We can never take serious pictures.
Hunter is also a great big brother to Cooper and loves to play and talk with him.
Hunter loves to take my phone and take endless "selfies." I often find 100+ photos every day. They always make me laugh.
Other favorite Hunter quotes, "Mom, you look beautiful. You look like a ballerina!" Hunter is very sweet and always tell me that I look nice. One day we talked about when he would get married and he said, "but mom are going to be my wife! I want to marry you."
"I don't want to get dressed today because then tonight I will be super fast and I will have more time to play games with Uncle Jeff and Aunt Erika." Hunter is all about efficiency and doesn't want to ever waste time.
"I can't wait until I get bigger so I can drink milk out of the jug like daddy!"
"Daddy, I presume that you will give me the rest of the Orange Juice for breakfast."
"Daddy, I presume that you will give me the rest of the Orange Juice for breakfast."
Hunter is quiet the negotiator these days. I know when he starts off with, “mom. how about this . . . “ or “mom, here’s the deal,” or “mom, okay, let’s do this, this, and this, that fair?”

No comments:
Post a Comment