Sunday, November 4, 2018

We have a 5 year old

Hunter turned 5! I still can't believe I'm old enough to have a five year old. It blows my mind how quickly these past 5 years have gone.
Hunter has been counting down to his birthday for the past month. Hunter always wants to be bigger, better, and older. He often talks to me about growing up and how he can't wait to drive, date, get married, go to college ect. Slow down kiddo! haha.

Hunter wanted chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. He could barely finish eating because he was so excited for presents. His big present was the trampoline, but he also got a few water works books.

He got a new puzzle- avengers to go with his new super hero obsession. 

After presents we packed a lunch and headed to the "Mapleton Beach." The boys had a fun day playing in the sand and water. 

Cooper missed his nap and was pretty tired. 


Hunter was very specific about his cake. He wanted a cookies and cream ice cream cake. He needed an Oreo crust. Cookies and cream ice-cream, mixed with vanilla ice cream. He wanted it topped with caramel sauce, hot fudge sauce, and Oreos. It was quite the undertaking, but it turn out great!
He was one happy boy, well except for that fact I wanted a picture and therefore prolonging him eating his yummy cake. 
He finally turned back into his normal, happy self. Haha. Oh how I love this cute 5 year old. 

Papa, Grams, and Uncle Preston came for dinner. Of course we had Hunter's favorite: hamburgers. He got to open up Grandma's present- two new knex sets! He was stoked and started immediately started building!



Grandma Shirlene sent her gift for the boys- a new roller coaster set! The boys loved it. 




Hunter update:

Hunter loves learning, friends, spending time with family, play legos and knex, puzzles, and coloring.  He enjoys gardening and harvesting. The other day I heard the back door open at 6 in the morning, I went down stairs and in walks Hunter with bags of tomatoes, peppers, and melons. He loves our backyard and is a good helper. 
He loves watermelon and can eat an entire watermelon by himself in just a few days.  He loves chocolate and anything sweet. 

Funny sayings:
Hunter: "Hey mom, I down cantaloupe? Are you down mom?"
Me: "What? Down?"
Hunter: "Yeah down means you love it. Are you down cantaloupe mom?" 

I was telling Hunter my friend just got a new kitten. Hunter: "Your friend had a kitten in her tummy." Me: "What?" HAHAHHAH no!" She didn't HAVE the kitten, a cat did." We then had a short lesson on biology!

Hunter walked in the door from a soccer game. I asked how it was. He replied, "Mom, I'm going to marry Susannah. She is my best friend. I don't need to be in your family anymore. I am going to have my own family now." I have to admit, I was a little heartbroken.

Hunter recently started preschool and loves it so much! He comes home and tells me about all of his girlfriends. He told me he was going to marry Tessa. He then asked me, "How old do you have to be to get married?" "When did you get married?"
Me: "I got married when I was almost 23. So you have to be at least that old. But you can really get married whenever. You could be 30. It really just depends on when you find the right person."
Hunter: "Well I will get married when I'm 23 because I already know who I want to marry. I"m going to marry Tessa. At school, I asked her if she wanted to marry me and she said yes! Like mom, she said yes right away!!" I could not stop laughing. He wanted me to know that she didn't even have to think twice about marrying him. 

Hunter went to grandma Shirlene's house. He loves the white grandma sycamore bread, but I don't buy that kind. Carter has his own special bread (gluten free) that he usually ends up bringing home anything left after a trip. Hunter explained to grandma Shirlene that he also has special bread he can take home- the grandma sycamores. He now makes sure both grandmas are stoked up on that bread and that to make sure he has some to take back home with him. Hah.

Hunter loves his primary teacher- Sister Martinez. They are good friends and he loves the fun treats she brings. She is Disney obsessed and brought Rice Krispie Micky Mouse Chocolate Sprinkle treats!  With a treat like that, its not hard to win Hunter's heart!
Hunter's new legos he earned and bought.
Hunter loves his brothers so much. Carter and Hunter are with each other constantly. The first thing they do in morning is go into the other persons room to play. They end the day with a kid and a hug. I hope they always stay good friends.
Hunter likes to make his own creations with his legos





No comments:

Post a Comment