We enjoyed the New Year. I spent the rest of the weekend painting Cooper's new big boy room. We got new bunk beds- for Parker to join him in a few years. We got it all done and ready, which was a blessing because Sunday night/Monday morning I got crazy sick. I hadn't been that sick in a LONG time. I had chills, aches, migraines, and felt so weak. I told Dayton I thought I might have COVID. We hadn't been around anyone with COVID- that we knew of- but I decided to go get tested Monday morning and keep everyone home until I had my results back. Turns out, I did in fact have COVID. The rest of the family got tested the next day. Dayton and Carter both tested positive and Parker was symptomatic. Long story short, Dayton's parents had been exposed before Christmas and were symptomatic while we were visiting them. The only people we had been around during Christmas break was Dayton's parents, so we were able to pin point where it came from. They got tested after and were also positive. Lucky for them, their quarantine was about over and unfortunately ours was just beginning.
Over the next week, Cooper became symptomatic and Hunter tested positive. It was not good timing for Dayton's work. He had just taken off two weeks for the holidays, and then we got COVID and he was forced to work from home for the next two weeks. Luckily, he felt okay. He did loose his sense of smell and taste, but other than that felt good. Cooper had a head cold a week after I showed symptoms and then on day 8 he got a fever. He woke up the next morning feeling great. Carter never had any symptoms. Hunter didn't have symptoms until day 8 and also had a bad fever along with a killer headache. Parker and I had it the worst. It took us almost 3 weeks to get over it. It was terrible. Trying to keep all the kids entertained and a house functioning while I felt so sick was ROUGH. Parker was also super sick and extremely fussy and wasn't sleeping so that only amplified how crappy I felt. It was not fun. Luckily, we have amazing friends and family that really stepped in and helped us. We felt SO much love! People brought by dinners, sent the kids activities, and checked in through texts and phone calls. I joked that had more help with COVID than I ever had with a new baby. People were amazing and I was so incredibly grateful. I am also grateful we all eventually got it- we can now move on and not worry. It also shortened the quarantine. If someone would have been negative, their quarantine couldn't start until everyone was symptom free- since both Parker and I had it for so long, that would have made life even harder, so we are grateful for that.



No comments:
Post a Comment