Sunday, August 14, 2022

Wrestling

The boys have really been enjoying Wrestling this year. Carter and Hunter started participating in weekend tournaments this year. I'm proud of their hard work and determination. While I don't totally get wrestling, it is an incredibly physically demanding sport. It's very grueling and hard for me to watch! It's way more intense than any other sport I've watched. Hunter has a great attitude and even though he looses most matches, he shows up and wants to keep doing tournaments so he can improve. 
Carter is an aggressive little kid and has done pretty well. He is competitive and I know the matches are stressful for him. Carter can be a bit of a perfectionist so he's learning that he can't win every match, but he goes hard and gives it his all. I'm so grateful for their amazing coaches. 
This was a picture of their first big tournament in Farmington.
Carter lost his last match in over time by one point so he didn't get to medal. Hunter on the other hand took 3rd out of his age group. . . .there were only three wrestlers in his division and age group. Carter was NOT pleased that he medaled after loosing every match. But they are good brothers and love watching and cheering each other on. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment