I love fall break! It always comes at the perfect time. It was a much needed break. We went to the Snowbird Cliff Lodge with my parents. It is the greatest place on earth and so glad we were able to tag along. Dayton has been into mountain biking lately. On Friday, he took Christian and Preston for a ride up Corner Canyon by Draper.
The next day, Dayton was the only one who wanted to go biking again. I don't think anyone was up for another ride, especially the ride he had in mind. He decided he wanted to bike up snowbird. Usually there is a tram that takes people and most bikers just bike down it, not up it. So leave it up to Dayton to bike up it! I was quite impressed. It was about 7.5 miles with a 3,200 ft elevation gain. Sound a little intense? I'm glad I got to enjoy my day at the spa and fitness center :) Hah.
Here are some pictures from his ride... I guess he got the bragging rights for the day. I just enjoyed looking at he beautiful scenery without having to do any work!
Just a little snow, but perfect weather for October!
He made it to the top!
Mr. Hunter was not feeling so great, but man did he light up when we took him to the pool. He is my little fish!
As if we couldn't get enough water. . . . we played in the bath when we got home. It was a perfect weekend. So relaxing and enjoyable. Being with family is the best.
Cache Valley always hosts the annual pumpkin walk. It is one of our favorite things to go see in the fall. This years theme was "Classic." I took Hunter during the day with some of my friends. I wish we would have gotten a picture with everyone with their strollers! We had quite the group! I usually go with Dayton at night, but this year we went during the day. I enjoyed seeing the great detail in all of the squashes and pumpkins. Here were a few of my favorites.
Can't have classic without the Muppets or Mickey Mouse!
I love seeing the creativity in using pumpkins for EVERY piece of the characters. So cool!
After, we went to the park and enjoyed the nice weather. Kennedi was a doll and I was lucky to be her favorite for the day. We got to swing on the swings.
Seriously, is she not the CUTEST?
Hunter loved the swings too!
We have been so lucky to have such a wonderful Fall this year. Hunter is so proud that he can walk now and one of his favorite things is to walk up and down our street and up and down the stairs. We go up the stairs for hours. He gets the biggest thrill when I help him jump down the stairs.
Dayton has really enjoyed his mouton bike! He goes every Saturday mornings. I'm glad he has something he can do that he enjoys! This boy works too much and definitely could use a break.
Dayton took me for my first mountain bike ride. I'm still not sure what I think about it. I think I'm just really attached to my road bike. Mountain biking is way different. I definitely like going up rather than down. I think I need to give it another try. I did really like being up in the mountains and looking and leaves. It was so calm and peaceful. We went at night and were the only bikers. It was so nice.
Hunter liked helping Daddy with the fire
Hunter loved gathering his favorite. . . ROCKS!
That little boy and that view. . .
Hunter and the twins, Kyson and Kayden! Really though, are they not the cutest? And those hats? They kill me!
Hunter and his Daddy. Sorry Dayton's eyes are always closed! I love seeing them play together though.
Hunter and Dayton had fun raking and playing in the leaves.
This cute couple out in Paradise hosts a halloween get together throughout the month of October. They have hay rides complete with a very informative tour, fire pits for hotdogs and s'mores, and fun Halloween decorations. We took the Tanners with us and checked it out a few weeks ago. I can't believe this elderly couple does this every night in October. They were adorable.
Hunter and I went on a little ride and got quite the tour. Keisha and the twins were in another car. We could not believe how long this ride was. It kept going, and going. But the boys loved getting bounced and pulled around.
Hunter exploring the play Halloween houses.



















No comments:
Post a Comment