Thursday, November 13, 2014

Halloween

Praise my mom for keeping everything. Seriously.  She still has lots of Halloween costumes so when I mentioned that we were going to be pirates, she pulled a costume from the garage.  I was grateful that project was done- free, easy, and cute.  I took Hunter trick-or-treating with our friends on main street.  It took him a little while to figure it all out, but he soon loved the idea of grabbing free candy.  What he didn't love was Mom taking the candy and putting in his bag.  In his little mind, he needed to eat ALL of it RIGHT then.  Hunter had never really had candy before, so he went a little crazy.  Tootsie rolls became the coveted candy.  Seriously.  After, we were home and Hunter turns around with a tootsie roll half eaten- wrapper and all in his mouth! What?! I still couldn't find out where he was getting those but I swear he always had one in his mouth.

Okay. . . so we had walked around for several hours and then got a free Jamba (which by the way is the greatest idea ever on Halloween).  He was beyond exhausted and hadn't really napped. . . . so of course when I wanted to take pictures of him this was what I got.

Luckily, he cheered up and enjoyed playing in the leaves.


 Of course we had to strut down the sidewalk and show off our costume.



Pretty cute pirate!






We went to our ward trunk-or-treat. 



Trick-or-treat!

So. . we were walking to the trunk or treat (we live a block away so it always seems silly to drive).  We were almost there when it hit me. . . We are going to a trunk-or-treat with no car. Oops. So we improvised.  We took the stroller and parked it with a bowl of candy so we could both enjoy trick-or-treating with Hunter.

I'll admit it looked pretty ridiculous and I'm glad we weren't standing there by the stroller so we didn't have to claim it.  People looked confused at first, but hey it worked. 

We couldn't stop laughing about the stroller. We definitely were the only ones!


Me and my pirate!
Seriously. . .  those tootsie rolls. He totally has one hanging in his mouth. 
Yup, there it is again. BUSTED!

Daddy and his pirate. . . sorry it was bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment