Well it's that time of year again. . . lots of canning, preserving, and harvesting. I thought I canned a lot last year. . . .but this year tops it all! I honestly lost track of how many bottles I went through! Grateful for wonderful neighbors who donated their old bottles. We definitely used every last bottle in this neighborhood. We canned peaches, tomatoes, pears, applesauce, apples, pickles, apricots, apple cider, salsa, peach jam, plumb jam, pasta sauce, and grape juice. We were able to freeze raspberries, nectarines, peaches, apricots, zucchini, green beans, and peas. We dried TONS of apples, zucchini, and kale chips. I have loved our dehydrator. Hunter and I are obsessed with dried apples! We are constantly snacking on them :) It was a busy few months. I can' believe we just finished the last of our apples last week.
This was our first attempt ever at white grape juice. It turned out pretty good. Even Hunter enjoyed the tart juice.
We were getting pretty desperate for bottles towards the end.
Dayton has been on this little business kick as of late. . . well always, but especially recently. He has been quite the little business man selling bikes. I made this wreath a month or two ago with Abbey. Dayton saw it and said, "You know what you should do? You should sell wreaths! You're wreath looks great. I bet people would buy them!" Well I was very flattered by his compliment, but let's just say I will not be making anymore wreaths anytime soon.
This was another craft that Abbey and I did. We made these cute little Halloween jars all by ourselves :)
Random side note: I absolutely love fall and looking out my window and looking at our beautiful trees changing colors.
I love looking at our beautiful roses. So glad we were able to resurrect them last year. They are the biggest, prettiest roses ever.
These ones are my absolute favorite.




No comments:
Post a Comment