Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Temple Square

The Tesch family, who Dayton got to know on his mission in Texas, contacted us a few weeks ago saying they would be in Salt Lake and would love to meet up with us. Neither Hunter nor I had met them before and it had been almost four years since Dayton had last seen them.  Luckily, we were able to head down to Salt Lake after finals and met them at Temple Square.  Hunter was kind of being a grump. . . so we left him with my parents. Thank goodness for grandparents. Dayton and I were able to have a nice night to ourselves! We did some Christmas shopping at City Creek and then visited with the Tesches and walked around Temple Square. It was so fun to visit with them and hear stories from Dayton's mission. They are the nicest people. . . and I love their Texan accent :) 


The lights were stunning.  I still can never believe how many lights they put up. It always looks beautiful and is a great reminder of Christ- the light of the world. Grateful for him and for the Christmas season where we can focus our lives even more on him. I always love seeing the Salt Lake Temple because thats where Dayton and I were sealed.
Hunter enjoyed his bonding time with Papa. I think Papa tried extra hard to win him over. He got out the rocking horse and car/highway set and even resorted to chocolate. . .  I think it worked :)






No comments:

Post a Comment