Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Hunter the Hulk

I have been wanting to do another post on Hunter for a few weeks now. Everyday this kid amazes me. He is growing so fast! I feel like everyday he learns something new and is full of surprises. I am absolutely loving this stage he is in. . . okay minus the new tantrums, lack of naps, and getting into everything. . . but seriously he melts my heart. I love getting to know him better everyday and see more of his personality. Lately he has become what I like to call "the HULK." He loves to destroy things and then he sticks out his chest, throws his arms up, and growls "yeah!" I'm not sure where he got that from, but it cracks me up.  
Hunter seems to have inherited his Daddy's high confidence level. (Trust me if you know Dayton, you know exactly what I am talking about!) He is very proud of himself and his accomplishments and claps for himself after he does the littlest things. (It's really pretty cute). Hunter the Hulk can turn into sweet Hunter like a switch. Hunter has never been a cuddly boy, but lately he loves to run and give me hugs, and kisses if I'm lucky.  I love it!  He is getting more and more playful. He is just a happy little boy. He has an infectious squeal for a laugh and he loves to spend time with his Daddy after he gets home.  They enjoy playing "rough" together. 
Grunts and Cardboard boxes.

16 month update!
Favorite Activities: bath time, going up and down stairs, being chased, dancing, reading books, stacking cups and tupperware, jumping on pillows, playing with lids, taking things in and out of things, and collecting his favorites things in containers. He loves to carry around our recycling and collect things in it throughout the day. 
Dislikes: getting dressed, changing his diaper, brushing his teeth, pasta, eggs, getting out of his bath, rice, being in his carseat, and being away from Mom.  
Favorite Food: bananas (forever and always), Swedish fish, smoothies, peas, oatmeal, ground lamb with spaghetti squash, chocolate, peanut butter, and still loves every fruit. I have yet to find a fruit he doesn't love. Hunter loves cheese, but has had to limit ALL dairy out of his diet now. (Poor kiddo).
Words: Technically his first word was "no" at about 9 months. He definitely made that very clear. His first word in context was "banana." Surprised? Mama, Dada, Ball, Yeah!, Goodbye, Thank-you are other words he learned (in that order).

Hunter loves to come up from behind Dayton and I are walk with us between our legs.

Hunter is a very easy going boy. He could seriously play in his room with his toys forever. I haven't seen very many kids his age entertain themselves for so long and people comment on Hunter's great "playing" ability all the time.
 
He goes through phases with his toys, but this popper he got from his birthday is a classic. Our poor neighbors have to hear it constantly! (Sorry Mark & Sue!)
 
Hunter was trying out his new gloves and jacket. . . I promise our house isn't that cold.
One of Hunter's favorite things is Face-timing. He loves to talk to his cousins and especially Grandma Shirlene. He loves his sunday phone calls to his grandparents. He recognizes the FaceTime call sound and gets so excited to talk.
We were babysitting Hunter's friend Zadock a few weeks ago. First of all, is he not the cutest little boy? We love him! Hunter and Zadock are so cute together and are great friends. They were eating their veggies together.
Play time!
My future soccer player!
I can never get enough of his pretty big blue eyes.
Chillin' like a villain. 


No comments:

Post a Comment