We celebrated the July birthdays with a Sunday dinner and birthday cake. Dayton, Katie, and Christian all have birthdays in the same week.
The next day I surprised Dayton with a night a way at Bed in Breakfast downtown. I planned it months ago so he could take time off work, but wouldn't tell him what we are doing. He hated it. He hates surprises, but lucky for him, I love them. We stayed at Ellerbeck in the Avenues. It was our first Bed and Breakfast and it was pretty fun. The place was adorable and the host was awesome. She made us breakfast. She said she would make anything so I chose an omelet and Dayton had blueberry waffles with eegs and bacon. It was delicious. What a charming little place.

My mom was so great to watch our kids so we could have some time together. It was SO nice. We checked in, went on a walk, and then headed to dinner at Red Lobster. I had been craving lobster so bad and it did not disappoint. We then went to Liberty Park and listen to their Monday concerts at the Park. A Peruvian band played and it was really fun. We walked around and then went back to our place and hung out. The next morning I was stoked to sleep in a little bit. That just doesn't happen with our early bird kiddos. Dayton has turned a new leaf and has been on a running kick. He decided he wanted to get up at six and go on a run. Since I have been trying to get Dayton to run with me for four years, I reluctantly went. I didn't want pass up on my first run with him, but sadly missed my sleep. It was actually really fun and enjoyable.
We then headed up for hike. We were short on time before our check out so we just walked up Ensign Peak. We walked it when we first starting dating so it was fun to go back. We did not anticipate the strong winds.
We kept laughing about how ridiculous my hair was. We could not get a good picture without my hair blowing everywhere.
. . . and then this happened.
The view was pretty though
After our hike we went back and showered and then we went to the Church History museum. We hadn't been there since they re did it so that was fun. Then we had picnic before we headed back to the kiddos. It was an AWESOME birthday surprise :)





No comments:
Post a Comment