Oh my little Carter Bug. I can't believe he is one! He still looks like he could be 9 months, so maybe that's why I'm having a hard time. It's weird. With your first child, you look forward to every new milestone, every "first" they do. You even help them along the way. . . helping them learn to roll over, practicing crawling and walking. But with the second, I feel myself wanting time to stop, to enjoy every moment because now I know how fast it goes. Time is precious and I just want Carter to stay my baby forever.
He is such a light and joy in my life. His smile is contagious and he makes me laugh every day. He is such a playful little guy. I just can't get enough of him. I love tickling and wrestling with him. He loves to tease and imitate people. He loves playing peek-a-boo. He thinks he is so funny. He has finally mastered crawling. It took him a while, but that is just Carter. He is not in a rush and does things on his time table. He goes with the flow, which is almost a must as a second child. He army crawled for a solid 3 months and had no desire to go further. Now he crawls and is a climbing machine! He loves to climb and explore and is very curious. He loves to point to things he wants, to where he wants to go, and to what interests him. He babbles non stop, loves to clap, and loves to wave. He has a love for music and we recently found out he has some serious dancing moves.
He loves electronics and throws THE biggest TANTRUMS when he can't play with a phone or iPad.
Carter LOVES food. He is a little guy, but he can pound it. I don't know where it goes but he usually eats his food and then whatever older brother doesn't want. I haven't really found anything he won't eat, but he does loves bananas, oatmeal, toast, graham crackers, pancakes, and his absolute favorite is eggs. He can eat three eggs like its nothing. He is adventurous and will try or do just about anything. He loves his older brother and loves being around people. He is my social little butterfly. He doesn't like being alone, or getting dressed.
Unlike his older brother, Carter will eat all types of baby food. He definitely enjoys squash and pumpkin.
Oh that laugh. . . .
Hanging out in his jumper.
Sometimes Carters nap consist of being dragged around in the stroller to different parks, zoo, or on walks. He is just a good sport. Sure love him.
Playing with the shakers at singing time
He loves them. I keep trying to get a video of him, but as soon as I start, he stop. Typical.
His big blue eyes pretty much melt my heart. I can't get enough of them.
Surprised Carter with balloons in his crib. I kept trying to get a decent picture, but all my pictures were blurry with Carter chasing the balloons. He LOVED them. This was as good as it got.
For Carter's birthday, we got him a bike. I let him ride on one of my mom's and you could tell he thought he was so big and important! After that, I knew we had to get one.
I think he approves. . .
He is a little short, so his legs don't quite reach the floor yet, but he enjoys sitting on it and getting pushed around by Hunter.
Hunter loves his grandparents and has been so fortunate to live with them this year. For his birthday, they got him a educational bank account and the cutest little birds. He absolute loves them. They never get old.
I made Carter a green monster cake. His favorite part was the frosting.
Sometimes it can be overwhelming to eat a cake all by yourself.
so we saved some for later. We enjoyed our quite day of celebrating with this cute kiddo. Can't imagine my life without him. He is perfect for our family.
























No comments:
Post a Comment