Thursday, September 22, 2016

Hunter is Three

 Happy 3rd Birthday to this special boy who made me a mother. Hunter is the silliest and sweetest boy I know. He makes me laugh and smile. He is very thoughtful and aware of other people and how they are feeling. He always asks me, "Mom, what's wrong? Are you okay?" Isaac had knee surgery a few weeks ago and Hunter was his little nurse. He loves helping people. He constantly asks Isaac how his knee is and if it is healing. The other day I was driving and said, "oh crap!" Hunter immediately said, "It's okay mom, I'm here. I'm here for you mom." What a sweetie. 

He loves to help me around the house. He loves to unload the dishwasher, put away laundry, and help me mop the floor.

Hunter loves to tease and thinks he is very clever at playing hide and seek. He usually tells me where he is going hide and then hides in the same place every time.  When it is my turn, he tells me where I have to hide and gets very upset when I am not in the correct hiding place.

Hunter loves family and enjoys being so close to all of his Uncles.

Hunter's favorite activities: playing in the sand, "practicing his cutting," coloring, painting, playing with play dough, building towers, playing trucks and machines, puzzles, and playing dinosaurs. 
The other day Hunter asked Dayton if he could go to school. He said, "You could drop me off on your way to work and then mom could just pick me up." Poor kid doesn't know I'm holding him back a year. . . He did ask me to start teaching him school so you better believe we have our own school everyday and he loves it!

Hunter is so bright and has the most amazing memory. He knows most nursery rhymes, lots of church and primary songs, and memorizes most of his books. There are times when we try to summarize or skip parts in a book at bedtime and he ALWAYS catches us. He remembers anything anyone tells him so if you tell him he can have a fruit snack later, he most definitely will remind you. He loves the letter H and can find it anywhere. He loves to spot it while we are driving in the car. He knows a handle of letters and is learning the rest of his letters.

Hunter is stubborn, but can usually be reasoned with and will listen when I explain things. I am finding that three year olds like to argue a lot more than 2 year olds. . . Hunter is very organized and likes things to be a certain way and does not like when his routine changes.

Hunter being the oldest, loves attention. He is still getting used to having a brother. Some days he asks if we can just leave Carter home and have it just be me and him. I tell him how sad that would make me and Carter and how much we love Carter so we want him to come with us. He then tells me how much he loves him too and decides it's okay for Carter to come. Carter and Hunter actually get along pretty well and really do enjoy each other.

Unfortunately, Hunter hates the potty and potty training has been a nightmare. I keep waiting for him to decide he wants to, but I fear that is a very far distant day. Potty training is the WORST!

Hunter's favorite foods right now: applesauce, toast, tomato mayo sandwiches (I promise he came up with that all on his own), all fruit, tomato soup, cucumbers, oatmeal, smoothies, fruit snacks, chocolate, chicken nuggets, and pancakes/waffles.  

I love this picture because it shows so much of Hunter's personality. You will notice he makes this face in about 99% of all pictures.
Oh those beautiful eyes.
 This is Hunter and his cute little puppy (that is being stored at Grandma Shirlene's until we get our house). Hunter insists that his name be Odis. I have tried to change it or convince him otherwise, but I seem to have lost that battle. I'm hoping we can at least call him Odi. This boy already loves his puppy.
 Hunter loves playing on playgrounds and going to the park.
Chicken nuggets and fries? Yes please. Anything with ketchup.

Whoever invented the car shopping carts was genius. I love shopping with them when they are contained and entertained by driving. 
Hunter loves legos and making castles. We always have to take a picture afterwards.


This magical cinderella carriage was at Walmart and was Hunter's favorite. Princess and Pink? Yup, that's my boy. Whoever said there were gender biases?
This one time when Hunter decided to color all over his face. . . 
Hunter loves playing with his different machines. . . and of course they were lined up so nicely.
 Helping Papa in the garden and yard. One of Hunter's favorite activities. He loves to check for new produce everyday.
He likes going to wiggle worm singing time at the library.
 We got Hunter a big boy bed a couple of months ago. He was still in his crib and totally content with life, but Carter needed a little bit more room. Hunter now sleeps in the most peculiar places and positions. Under his rug, wrapped around his Thomas the train couch, on the floor, wherever. 
Hunter wakes up very early. Usually around six, but sometimes he is up close to five. He used to scream for us to come get him, but luckily I trained him just to get out of bed quietly (since he was waking everyone up). Now he doesn't come into our room because he claims, "Mommy and Daddy need their sleep." So instead, he comes downstairs in the pitch black and does things like this. . . . 
One morning I found him downstairs all by himself watching the fish. I have come down in the morning several times to find Hunter hanging out by himself. Haha he is strange.
Hunter LOVES to read. We are constantly reading or he asks me to tell him stories. I am getting pretty good at making them up. We have had to put a limit on stories because I get so tired of doing it all day long. We are now down to about five a day. Whew. I sure love how creative he is though! And I love that he loves reading :) Makes the teacher in my proud.
One day we were at the library when he found this girl and starting tickling her, "I'm going to get you, I'm going to get you! . . . come on run! I'm supposed to chase you." At first, she looked at Hunter like he was crazy, but then decided to play along. I just watched and laughed. He has sure come out of his shell lately.
 another friend he met at the library. . .
 Smoothie after church? Yum. I'm still confused how he gets to messy from using a straw.
 Oh my little crazy construction lover.
 Hunter's birthday was August 31. He had been asking for bike for weeks. We surprised him with a red balance bike. The only other thing he wanted was a chocolate, chocolate chip lion cake and for all of his family to come over and have a party with him. The family who were around were able to come. He was so excited with Mike, Katie, Jeff, and Erika all came to his birthday. He just LOVES his family. 
 Jan Perry, Hunter's special friend, shares the same birthday and brought over a sticker/coloring book, and bubbles. He was thrilled.  
 Isaac gave him chocolate and a caprison. Probably his favorite present!
He couldn't even open anymore presents until he drank his caprison.
 Grandma gave Hunter a new puzzle. He was stoked. This kid can do puzzles all day long.


 Hunter was pretty nervous about his bike. He is VERY cautious. The first few days we just looked at the bike. Now he will stand and walk with it, but still doesn't sit on the bike and push off yet. . . baby steps. We will get there. Here is proof that he did ride it for about 2.5 seconds.

 The chocolate, chocolate lion cake. This is about as creative as I get!
What a cute three year old.

 that face. . .  of course. Happy Birthday Hunter. We love you to the moon and back!






















SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment