For Thanksgiving, we went cruising with all of the Call family. It was a 10 year reunion from when Grandma Call took all her kids and grandkids to Mexico. To celebrate and remember her, we all went on a cruise to Mexico together. It was a blast and such a needed break. We left the kids with my parents. We missed them, but LOVED having time together. It was the first time we have left the kids for more than 24 hours. Sometimes it's good to miss them and remember why you love them so much. ;)
We flew out of L.A. We didn't know if we were going to make it. Dayton got held by security. . . seriously, he had a knife in his backpack! I was about ready to kill him when he then forgot his suitcase in security and then almost lost his phone. Oh man it was a rocky start and we were cracking up. We were struggling and we didn't even have the kids!
We had fun at the airport and enjoyed sitting together and people watching. It was a riot. I told Dayton that we could go home because our time at the airport was just too good. We could have gone home right then and would have been happy.
We got to L.A. late and night and just went to sleep. Even being able to sleep in we still woke up before everyone else. We ended up hanging out and talking in the lobby. (Breakfast wasn't even opened up. Our kids have turned us into crazy morning people).
We got through security pretty quick and had lots of time to wait. They started a quarters game and even Grandpa Dee joined in. . . but then sadly it was shut down by the security and we were left to sit and wait in the chairs.
We got on the ship early that morning and grabbed some lunch. The food is always amazing and they do such a great job catering to my food issues.
Our room worker was adorable. We enjoyed chatting with him. We took the typical towel pictures thinking our kids would enjoy them.
We had a day on the ship before we reached Cabo. That pretty much meant LOTS of eating and relaxing. I enjoyed spending time at the gym, reading my book, and watching the ocean. I could look at the waves all day long. Something about that is so therapeutic. I loved every minute of it.
Everyone started a big shuffleboard tournament. We got a lot of the family and random guests to join. It went on for HOURS.
We arrived in Cabo the next morning and it was beautiful. Such a pretty place. I was obsessed with the big rock beaches. They were just stunning.
We got off the ship and Dayton and I went for a walk. It really turned into quite the hike. My swimsuit and flip flops probably were not the best choice. We hiked around the "rich and famous" neighborhoods of Cabo. We enjoyed being together and looking at different architecture.
After a couple hours, we met back with the family and took a boat tour to Lovers Beach.
We saw lots of seals. (Hunter's favorite).
Our boat had "glass bottom" so we could spot fish.
Seriously. It is SO beautiful.
. . . more seals
We got to Lover's Beach and had a blast! It was supposed to be a lot calmer on this side compared to the Pacific Ocean side (what they call Divorce Beach). All I can say is I am glad we didn't swim there because these waves for tough enough. We got thrown around like crazy. I felt like a little kid again. It was SO fun.
Mariah and I could not stop laughing. I had sand EVERYWHERE!
This was our ship, taken from Lover's Beach.
Day 2 in Cabo. Dayton and I went out to do some shopping and hangout on the beach. We got a couple of things for the boys, my parents, and a neat dish for us. We then walked to the beach (quite the walk). We were so tired at that point we wanted to sit in a few chairs. Of course we are cheap and didn't want to pay for an umbrella and chairs so we hung out at a resort. I was surprised how long we are able to stay before they caught on to us and kicked us out. Oh well, it was worth it. We then went to the public part of the beach. I enjoyed reading/napping in the sun while Dayton swam in the water.
The next day was Thanksgiving and we got dressed up for dinner. Can I just say how nice it was not to worry about cooking, cleaning, and finding something for me to eat? It was heaven.
Aggies all the way!
Every night after dinner and shows, we met up for 9:00 crepes. They were insane. They were huge, flakey, and full of chocolate, cream, and fruit. They were everyone's favorite so we made it a tradition.
We would eat, talk, and play cards.
Even Grandpa Dee was a fan.
The last night, we all got together and shared our favorite memories of Grandma Call. I enjoyed hearing everyone's thoughts and impressions of her and how she had influenced them. I only new her for a short couple months, but what a funny, spunky lady. I think we would have been great friends and I can't wait to get to know her better in the next life. She was so giving and happy, despite her health circumstances. We love her and I'm pretty sure we need to make this a yearly tradition.



















No comments:
Post a Comment