Monday, September 18, 2017

Birthday Boys

It was Birthday week at our house. When I had Carter, I was so worried that the boys would have the same birthday. Only three days apart, their birthdays fall in the same week and we had a blast celebrating. Dayton always teases me because I love to celebrate-birthdays are a big deal. We packed in a week of fun activities with the boys before baby came. We had a blast.
We started Carters birthday off with his favorite activities. He got his favorite breakfast- oatmeal and fruit. 


Then we went for a walk- one of Carter's absolute favorite things to do. We walked to the horses and then on the Mapleton trail. Carter loves horses and enjoyed feeding them apples. 
I was able to snag this picture on our way home from our walk. How cute are these boys? I just love that they are best friends. 

Later, we opened Carter's presents. It was fun to see him get excited about unwrapping them. He is started to get the "gift" thing. 
 

Carter got new puzzles and books.
We also surprised Carter with basketball hoop. The boys absolutely love it!



Hunter helped me make Carter's cake. Making his cake was a little tricky this year because of all his of many allergies, but we made one that worked and it turned out great. Carter was a huge fan.


Because I am not the best cake decorator, we settled for cupcake cakes. Carter wanted a horse cake.

One happy birthday boy.
Later on in the week, Dayton slept outside with the boys. They told stories and watched a movie on the deck. Dayton was able to take the next day off and be with them all day. It was so fun. Best Dad ever.
One perk to having the boys' birthdays so close is being able to give joint gifts. This is something I had wanted to make for a long time. I made the boys a teepee to put in their new room.
They love it. They play in it all the time. They love to read books in it and Hunter slept in in for the rest of that week.
Dave and Shirlene also did a joint gift. They got the boys a huge box of pvc pipes. They enjoy building with them together. Little engineers in training. 
Hunter wanted a dinosaur cake. This is what I came up with. 


Cayden and Savannah came over to give the boys birthday presents. Hunter got a new set of legos- a dinosaur set. 

He can build three different dinosaurs in one set. He could do most of them all by himself- he just needed a little hep with the T-rex head and teeth. I am so impressed with his Lego building skills. Not bad for a 4 year old.
Carter got a new truck set. He was in heaven.
  

Hunter just started soccer so he got a new soccer ball, shin guards and cones. He also got a new book 


We met my mom at Thanksgiving point. She brought the boys their birthday gifts and we went to the Discovery Museum. It is our favorite. 
Hunter got new soccer goals to practice.

Carter got a new book and stacking activity to help him learn his colors.



We had a blast at the museum. It was the first time Dayton has been able to go with us and it was fun to share that with him.


The boys loved the water and wind exhibit. Who knew putting water in boots could be so fun?


I think Dayton had just as much fun as the boys






















No comments:

Post a Comment