Cooper Conrad Law joined our family on September 13, 2017. He is absolutely perfect and our whole family is completely smitten. I can't believe it has almost been two weeks since Cooper entered the world. It has gone by so fast and I'm already wanting time to slow down. Cooper weighed 7 lbs. 15 oz. and is our biggest baby yet. I keep saying that is probably good since he has two older brothers who love to wrestle.
I ended up being induced with Cooper, just like I was with Carter. There were various reasons to do so and even though I was not excited about the idea at first, I felt it was the right thing to do. It was definitely my hardest labor yet. Carter's labor was just dreamy, so I knew it was going to be harder. I tried to prepare myself mentally, but nothing could have prepared me. After a horrible epidural experience, I may just go natural next time around- if there is a next time around. Luckily the hard labor was fast. After my water broke, Cooper was ready to come in just over 2 hours. The delivery went well and we were thrilled Cooper was so big and healthy. He was the first to not go into the NICCU. We were ecstatic!
He has been such a champ. SOOO extremely grateful for a healthy baby and we can't get over all his hair!
Watching the boys with Cooper melts my heart. I will be honest, I HATE being pregnant. I know some people love it, I still think they are lying. I am just not one of them. The minute I have a baby I feel like I can do anything. Even though the newborn stage can be hard and challenging, I would do it over any day and skip the pregnancy part. That being said, what makes it all worth it is siblings. There is just something special about watching a new member join the family and see how excited and happy the boys are. Watching sibling relationships makes it all worth it. Hunter and Carter have really enjoyed Cooper, definitely more than I thought. They both are so fascinated with having a baby. Carter is very concerned about Cooper and runs to be overtime he starts to fuss or cry to make sure he is okay. He also makes sure that Cooper has a clean diaper. Haha. Carter loves to give him kisses and always wants to know where "baby" is.
Hunter asks for Cooper first thing in the morning. He always wants to wake him up so he can play with him. (I have had to tell him that we NEVER wake up the baby! hahaha). Hunter wants to give him a hug and kiss before and after his quiet time and he always has to tell Cooper goodnight. Hunter loves to hold Cooper and gave him the nick name, "Super Cooper." He came up with it all on his own. He also calls him "Mr. Cooper." Hunter always tells me how cute he thinks Cooper is. Cooper is sure lucky to have such great, caring older brothers. I hope they always stay good friends.
My mom took the boys for a few days while we were in the hospital. Because baby and I were doing so well, we came home after 24 hours. Dayton and I were able to have alone time with Cooper for a few days before the boys came back. We enjoyed that time with him and were grateful to be able to rest in our own beds. The boys came down a few hours after the delivery and they were so excited to meet Cooper. I didn't think Carter would be as excited because he is so young- I didn't think he would really understand, but boy was I wrong! He ran to me and climbed up on the bed and gave me the biggest hug. He would not let go and he couldn't stop giving Cooper kisses. I sure love how sweet and loving Carter is.
They boys were so proud of their little brother.
The boys were so excited to see Cooper after a few days. They came back with grandma and gave Cooper his new toys they picked out for him a few weeks ago. They were very particular about what toys baby would like.


Mr. Bright Eyed
First bath!


Hunter loves to lay by Cooper and if he is every fussy he is great to be on "binky" duty.



























No comments:
Post a Comment