As I was going through my pictures, I realized that I never posted about our trip to Orangville for the annual Law family reunion. We stayed in a lodge/cabins just outside Orangville and it was perfect. It was definitely my type of "camping" at 8 months pregnant. We had our own room and it was heaven. There was a lake and Hunter and Carter enjoyed playing with all the cousins, aunts, and uncles. They sure got lots of attention. We enjoyed the playing games, swimming in the lake, participating in the "Orangville Days games," sharing stories by the fire, listening to Uncle Steve tell about his many adventures, and just spending time and visiting with family. It was such a great trip.
The highlight of the trip was when the boys got to go "canoeing" with Grandpa Dave. Shirlene and I put life jackets on the boys and started to load them into the canoe. Right of the back, Carter face planted it while trying to get in. Grandpa Dave struggled for balance as he put the boys in. As we started to push the boys off into the lake, Grandpa Dave (who was holding Carter) leaned to one side and before we knew it Carter and Dave face planted it right into the water and tired the canoe. Poor Hunter was sitting up at the front of the canoe and fell in as well. There were many tears shed as the poor boys struggled to get to shore. It was very slippery and muddy and it took everything Dave had to climb to shore. He just about got stuck int he mud. After we got the boys out, they were quite traumatized. I luckily witnessed the event and was about to roll over from laughing. I really wish I would have gotten it on camera. From then on, anytime we would pass the Lake, Carter would point at the lake and act out the whole scene again. He was terrified of the lake ever since. It was quite the adventure.








No comments:
Post a Comment