Saturday, January 6, 2018

Thanksgiving

This year it was our turn to go to Roosevelt for Thanksgiving. We were there for five days and packed it all in. The boys roofed the wood shed, we attended Vernal's Christmas on Main Street, and completed a couples game tournament complete with Dance Dance, foosball, ping pong, and badminton. It was beautiful weather. Dayton and I even got to squeeze in a quick, leisurely ride around Roosevelt on my new road bike (my early Christmas). The boys had a good time playing with Grandma and Grandpa. They always get lots of attention and enjoy constantly playing games and being read stories. I will admit it is nice not to be the only one doing that job! Even Otie joined us and  enjoyed being on the farm with his brother, mom, and dad. 
I am horrible at taking pictures and honestly didn't take a single one while I was there. We had a gingerbread house competition- made with Shirlene real gingerbread. With $50 on the line for the winning team, it got pretty intense. These were the pictures I stole from Facebook. We spent hours making our houses after the boys were asleep. I know I am biased, but I still think our house was the best! 
This was our "UP" house.

 Mariah and Bo won with the trailer house gingerbread.
 Cayden and Savannah came in third with the gingerbread oasis. 
 When you marry an engineer, you can't build a simple, ordinary house. It was a challenge, but we did it with LOTS of frosting! About half way in we decided this was a bad idea. . . but we persevered and we definitely got our "gingerbread fill." 


Gingerbread making masters. 




No comments:

Post a Comment