Friday, August 24, 2018

Star Valley

We went up to Star Valley to visit the Call family and to watch everyone run the annual half marathon. We stayed in the Call family barn and packed in as much play as possible. The boys went to the river behind the barn and attempted the Polar Bear plunge. This is a tradition of the Calls. You are supposed to take a thermometer and see how cold the water is. Then, you have to stick your head under the water for 1minute. If you succeed, you sign your name in the polar bear plunge challenge book. The record low is 41 degrees. I think Grandpa Dave measured it to be in the 50s. Cayden and Grandpa Dave lasted about  seconds and decided that was not a fun challenge. 

They decided floating boats down was a lot more fun.



Since the water was way too cold of the little ones, they handed to Grandpa Dee's condo to swim in the pool.




Aunt Dani was sweet to continue our traditional pedicures. We had a "cutest toe" contest. 
It was fun to have everyone over at the barn for dinner and games each nice. There are lots of little boys around to play with.
Saturday morning, we got up early and went to watch everyone race. Hunter made himself pretty comfortable. Ha!
 The boys rushed to grandma to give her a big hug and to cheer her on!

 Grandpa Dave had a Charlie horse and was glad to see his boys. They ran with him to the finish line.
 Everyone at the race..... even Zoe.
 We went on our first fly fishing adventure with our new poles. . . there is definitely a learning curve and pretty sure the Calls had a good laugh at us Laws, but we did it and everyone caught a fish (well besides Dayton. hahah).
Dayton teased me saying I looked like a biker/skater chick so I feel like I need to defend myself here. I didn't have any long sleeve shirts and the mosquitos were nasty out there! So I had to borrow Dayton's dirt bike shirt. His CSG hat was to protect me from the sun. 
I do look pretty good though right? Bah hah. 
Uncle Dale was my personal teacher!
Justin was showing Dayton all the fly fishing tricks.

One night at the barn, we played the game Pie Face. In the game, you spin to see how many times you have to twist the dial. Nobody knows how many clicks of the dial will set off the hand to flip up with the whip cream. We got Cayden to go first.
Carter saw Cayden get whip cream on his face, and strangely he quickly volunteered to go first. I'm kind of sad I didn't get a video, but I did get a photo progression which was pretty good. 




 He acted so surprised. We were all laughing pretty hard. It was a priceless reaction and definitely would have gone viral on youtube. 
 Grandma Shirlene tried to cheer him up and volunteered to get "pie faced" too.
 Hunter decided to try and he thought it was pretty funny. He went again and again. I think he just liked to eat the whip cream. 









No comments:

Post a Comment