The fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. It is always so fun and just chill. No one every has high expectations so it always ends up being a fun day. We started the day off by going to a trampoline park. It was so fun and everyone had a blast. We played doge ball, attempted the ninja courses, and raced. Dayton and I thought it would be fun to race down all the trampolines. My prideful self got the best of me. I know I'm faster than Dayton, and in fact it's something I take pride in. There aren't many things I can do better than Dayton so I feel like its the one thing I have over him, even though I can't run anymore with my back. We raced the first time and he barely beat me. I felt like he had the advantage and had been running back in forth and strategically stepped on all the edges of the trampolines. I was just going as fast as I could, but was getting too much bounce. So I just HAD to race Dayton again. I called a rematch. The problem was we were now facing the other way and would now be running to the open space and didn't have a great way to stop. We started the race and I was cookin'! I was totally in the lead. I was going to fast but Dayton started to catch up. I tried to pick up the pace but my feet caught under me and I flew . I got to the ending and tripped, and then rolled (not so gracefully) across the hard floor. The worst part about it was I think it slowed me down just enough for Dayton to win. HAH! I picked my pride off the floor and collected myself to discover I was covered in road rash and my knee was throbbing. My kids didn't know whether they should be laughing so concerned. That was the end of jumping for me and limped around with Parker for the rest of the time.
After we went and played at an all abilities park in Orem. We had a little picnic and then we went to get ice cream at Sub Zero. The boys had never been and were enthralled with the process. We got a couple to share and Parker took ownership of the peanut butter chocolate. He was throw a fit anytime anyone tried to grab a spoonful and screamed, "THAT'S ENOUGH! THAT'S ENOUGH!" We sure love that entitled, bossy 2 year old.
Then we came home and hung out at home playing games and cooked up some hamburgers. Our fireworks topped out at sparklers in the front yard. HAHA. We save our killer firework show for the 24th in Mapleton.
No comments:
Post a Comment