Last year for Christmas, I bought Dayton and I hang-gliding passes to use in the summer. Little did we know that Hunter was already apart of our family. That made things a little tricky. Luckily, the owner of Eagle Nest Hang-gliding was understanding and let us use them after Hunter arrived. We finally got to use our passes a few weeks ago. It was a beautiful day, especially for November. It was pretty windy at the point of the mountain, so we weren't sure if we were going to make it. Dan, our pilot, decided to take the heavier people first (and people without children). They had a great time so then it was our turn! I got to go first. It was not what I would have expected. Dayton and I went skydiving a few years ago and this was nothing like that. When skydiving, you are in a little plane switch backing through the sky seeing exactly how high you are. Then you have to get up the courage to jump out of the plane- pretty intense. Hang-gliding is way more chill. You strap up to the hang-glide while a team holds it down. Then you walk close to the edge of the mountain and just walk off. Not too bad right? You immediately lift up and feel like you're flying. It's a pretty neat feeling and thew view is amazing. I felt like Peter Pan. I like hang-gliding because you can be up there forever and enjoy the scenery. You can seriously stay up there all day if you wanted whereas skydiving is over pretty quick. Dan told us that the week before he travel over 180 miles! Dayton really enjoyed it too! He is such a good sport for someone who doesn't like heights. According to Dayton in ranking activities for someone who hates heights. 1-Hiking angel's landing 2-Skydiving 3- Hang-gliding. So if you also dislike heights, you could still enjoy hang-gliding.

Getting ready! It was soooo windy.
All strapped in.
Ready for take off.
Soaring like an eagle.
Coming down.
Hang-gliding = Success!
Dayton's turn.
Couldn't be more excited.
Even Hunter got bundled up to watch Daddy take off, but I don't think he was quite as excited as Dayton and I.
Dayton strapping in.
Walking to the edge.
Taking off.
Dayton coming down.
Dayton landed safely.
Pro Hang-glider right here!
Freezing from the wind but so worth it.
Success! Glad I had my best friend to experience this adventure! We highly recommend it!
No comments:
Post a Comment