Sunday, February 9, 2014

Holidays

Wow... yes it is February and I'm just posting.  School has kept me pretty busy lately so I apologize for the blog overload. The holidays were so much fun this year.  I think it is better once you have children. For Thanksgiving, we went with the Laws to the Call Thanksgiving up in Star Valley.  We hadn't seem some of the Calls since we got married, so it was about time we made a trip up there! Unfortunately I have only been to Star Valley in the winter.  I don't think the winter does it justice. We'll need to make a summer trip sometime because supposedly it's really beautiful.  If you like snow and think ice towers are pretty, than Star Valley might be the place for you.  It was fun to spend time with family.  Hunter got to meet the Call cousins and spend quality time with Grandpa Dave & Grandma Shirlene.  They hadn't seen much of him up to that point so they were pretty excited. I'll admit, it was nice to give Hunter to someone else and have a little bit of a break. :) Dayton and I even got to the brand new movie theater! I don't think they've had once since now.  We went to Catching Fire and I'm sure just about everyone in Star Valley showed up.  Too bad there wasn't reserved seating. It's funny what you get used to.  We enjoyed lots of good food- turkey, lamb from the Laws farm, and lots of pies.  Everyone had fun playing walleyball- a combination of volleyball and racquetball.  Basically it's volleyball but in a racquetball court and you can play off the walls. We played for hours.  I'm sad to say I didn't take a single picture! Ahh.. I am terrible. Luckily I got a picture from Dayton's parents with Great-Grandpa Dee and Hunter.  He sure enjoyed holding and playing with Hunter. He's the first great-grandchild and if you know Dee... THAT is a BIG deal!
Four Generations- Grandpa Dee, Grandma Law, Daddy Dayton, and little Hunter :)

Christmas is definitely my favorite time of year.  It's the one time a year I can count on my brother's coming out.  It was even more fun to get to see baby Kate for the first time (she was born three weeks after Hunter) and Annie and James were excited to finally have a cousin on the Hunter side.  It seems like the entire week was filled with different events.  The weekend before Christmas, we celebrated my Grandma Hunter's birthday. We usually go down to Cedar after Christmas to celebrate, but it worked better for everyone to meet in Salt Lake this year. We went to the traditional temple trip with my Grandma. We all went to a session at the Salt Lake temple and then she treated us all to lunch at Brio's in City Creek. It was the first time I was able to take part of this tradition since I've been married because we were with Dayton's family last year.  Looking back, I'm extremely grateful we had that opportunity to be together as an extended family before my Grandma passed away just three weeks later.  Later that night, we went to my parent's house for Papa Johns Pizza and cake and ice cream to celebrate Grandma's 85th birthday and Isaac's 12th birthday. Then my grandma paid for everyone to go see Juanito Bandito Chrimstmas show. We had seen him in Bear Lake at the Pickleville Playhouse and wanted to see him in Salt Lake.
Dayton and Hunter
Everyone eating Dinner


Being Silly

Birthday cake
Grandma Fern was pretty excited about her chocolates
Hunter extended Family

The next day we blessed baby Katherine Fern Hunter at my parent's house. She is the cutest baby. I have never met such a perfect baby. Seriously though she is ALWAYS happy and she is ALWAYS smiling. So glad to have her in the family.
 Baby Kate
 Blessing Circle (minus Dayton because he didn't want to be in the picture).
 Happy Parents :)
 Grandma Fern & Hunter
 Tanner cousins
Family of three!
Hunter cousins- Annie 4, James 2, Hunter 4 months, & Kate 3 months
Hunter Family- minus Jeff & Dima

The next day we celebrated Festivus. Mike was in charge of the party. We had homemade borsch and watched Seinfeld.  For Christmas Eve, we went to the Grand America for breakfast and then later went to see Frozen in the theaters.  Even Hunter came! We then came home and had our traditional Christmas talent show and sing-along.  We opened up Ralph's Christmas gifts and each got matching pajamas- quite the feat for our large family! We spent Christmas day hanging around, playing games, and eating delicious food. We had our famous Swedish Christmas dinner.




 Our little family by the Christmas Tree


 Grand America Hotel Lobby. This was after breakfast and Hunter was about spent.
 Gingerbread houses at Grand America


 The great lengths we went to get a picture of the Hunter cousins in their Christmas pajama

Cute Annie ready for Christmas!
Hunter and his stocking

Early Christmas morning in our matchy pajama
 Opening presents



 Couldn't have a family get together without hours of board games


After spending a week in Murray, we spent the next week in Roosevelt for the New Year.  It was so nice to having a relaxing week with the Laws. Hunter was a little over stimulated with all the people that he really enjoyed being the center of attention with the Laws. Being the only grandchild sure has its perks! We had fun playing games, bowling, watching Caydo play basketball, and being pulled behind the four wheelers. We were excited that Great-Grandma Law extended her trip so she could meet Hunter!
Hunter is known for spitting up on everyone. It was to bad Roo was wearing her new Christmas outfit!
Rook is our new favorite family card game with the Laws
Chillin' with Uncle Bo
Four generations- Grandma Law, Grandpa Dave, Dayton, & Hunter
Good thing we have Dayton around- He is the only one that can start the four wheelers!
Mariah's favorite part of the holidays is having Dayton home to pull the sleds.
 Hunter can't wait until he's old enough to get pulled




Hunter's first Union Cougar outing to support Uncle Caydo
Hunter and I celebrating the New Year! 4 months exactly!
 We started a new tradition of roasting marshmallows inside to bring in the New Year! Yum!
 Of course we couldn't go to Roosevelt without some boy bonding time-shooting!




 Spending quality time with Daddy


 Grandpa Dave is sure proud of his famous penguin sweatshirt and was stoked with Hunter rose to the occasion with his penguin pajamas!
 Sporting the Mohawk!


Nice to take naps with Daddy after a long day 


No comments:

Post a Comment