Monday, March 31, 2014

Date Nights

Now that Hunter is so much apart of our lives, Dayton and I have found it harder to go on dates.  We've had to get really creative with fun activities we can do at home.  We've had a lot of fun the past couple of months coming up with creative, cheap activities.

One of our dates we themed "Lights Out."  We had a candlelight dinner, told scary stories, made shadow puppets, wore glow in the dark necklaces, played cards, and watched netfix.  It was a blast!
We had grilled steak, zucchini, potatoes, and pineapple.  Who says you can't grill in February?



Another date activity revolved around our new obsession- POPCORN (Thanks to Mark & Sue we have loved making homemade kettle corn).  We had to come up with 10 things to do involving popcorn.  Here were a few of our activities: play tic-tac toe, see who can catch the most popcorn in their mouth, see how many times you can hit it back and forth. Make and & eat it of course!
Drop popcorn from our noses in different sized cups. The smaller the cup, the more points! Make pictures with popcorn, popcorn race



 This past weekend we enjoyed playing miniature golf inside. Appratently Dayton did this all the time with Cayden as a kid.  I had never played in the house before. Dayton was quite pleased with his creative idea and enjoyed setting up the course.  This was the last hole - down the steps.  This was definitely my down fall. I am pleased to say I was up by 8 until this whole.... I quite after 20 shots (Although I swear some of mine should have counted). Then of course Dayton got it on his first try and won! Let's just say I was not pleased with the outcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment