We introduced Hunter to food about a month ago. Dayton and I were so excited to give Hunter first taste of real food. I waited until Dayton was home from work so he could be apart of it. We started him off with the traditional rice cereal . . . Hunter was not quite as excited as we were and didn't seem too be a big fan of the rice mush. Dayton and I were a little disappointed with Hunter's first encounter, but it has improved a little since then. At first Dayton would throw Hunter in the air and get him laughing and then I would strategically shove the food into his mouth before he knew what was coming. This only worked a few times before Hunter caught on to our plan. Hunter is pretty smart and has forced us to constantly change our tactics. At one point, I would stand above Hunter so he would look at me with his wide open mouth and shove the food in. We may seem like forceful parents, but Hunter is EXTREMELY stubborn. This kid knows what he likes. He still refuses bottles, binkies, and any variety of sippy cups. Once we got the food in his mouth, Hunter would usually swallow at least a little bit. Our hard work paid off has paid off and our feeding adventures are a little easier now. We found that Hunter loves fruit-especially bananas. Hunter will do anything for bananas and it's pretty humorous. It seems we can't put banana on his soon fast enough. We end up mixing bananas with everything. If we give Hunter a few spoonfuls of fruit before, he will usually eat anything afterwards. Hunter loves to participate and likes to help me put the spoon in his mouth. What a funny, particular little boy we have!
This is a video of the first time Hunter ate rice cereal.
First encounter with food. He just can't hide his excitement for the rice cereal!
Thank Heavens for this sweet guy.
This little man is ready to eat!
Feeding Hunter a month later. . . .
Loves those bananas! I could hardly pull away!
No comments:
Post a Comment