Saturday, March 8, 2014

Valentine's Day

It was always Grandma Fern's (Grandma Hunter) tradition to send special homemade red valentines cookies to all the grandkids.  She was religious and even mailed them to me at college.  This year was the first year we wouldn't be getting our special valentines day package. So, in memory of her, we made our very own using her special recipe. (Which she only gave out a few years ago because she didn't want anybody to make them but her :)).  I was surprised at how well they turned out. Dayton is not normally a sugar cookie guy- he prefers the chocolate, but even he was impressed and enjoyed them in his lunch for the week.  We had fun frosting them and dropping them off at doorsteps.  We felt pretty sneaky :).  Next year Hunter can enjoy them with us! I was going to take pictures as I made them and then completely forgot so here is the finished product!



Hunter enjoyed watching me cut out the cookies.


On Valentine's day, I surprised Dayton with a scavenger hunt. I thought I was pretty clever and had a blast coming up with different clues.  I must be pretty good because when I got home that morning I had to help him find the last two! The scavenger ended with Dayton's favorite- crepes!


 Yummy strawberry cream cheese crepes


Scavenger Hunt Goodies
Hunter joining us for breakfast.


Later that night after I got home from tutoring, Dayton surprised me with crab dinner! Dayton doesn't do a lot of cooking, so this was a nice surprise.  I was VERY impressed he cooked crab.  I had never eaten crab like this before so it was a special treat. Dayton scored some serious husband points.  Lucky to have such a great husband.

 Crab and lots of veggies = one happy girl!
Trying out the crab


 Even Hunter got to play with the crab. Introducing him to the good stuff!




No comments:

Post a Comment