We had a really busy summer moving and working on our new house. Dayton used all of his spare time fixing up the house, which left zero time for biking. Luckily he was able to fit in a few rides this fall. A new ride he tried was biking to Juniper Tree.
It was a longer ride, so he quite enjoyed it.
We went down to Murray for Fall Break for Michael and Katie's wedding that weekend. We took advantage of family time and packed in lots of activities! It was the first time our family had been together in five years!
We went to a pumpkin patch and let the grandkids get pumpkins to carve.
James and Annie scouted out the best ones.
They were so cute and enjoyed helping Hunter pick a good size for him.
Kate and Papa wheeling around the field.
Grandparents with the Grandkids.
Kate and Hunter
We were trying realign hard to get a good picture of all of them . . . difficult with four little kids!
Hunter HATED getting hay and "stickies" on his boots.
Hunter with his pumpkins.
Carter's first pumpkin!
Hunter enjoyed walking around with Grandma and looking at the goats.
After we got pumpkins we went to Gardner Village to see the witches.
Annie enjoyed holding and playing with her new cousin Carter. She was so helpful.
Later we made caramel apples.
We had quite the variety of toppings.
It was a great weekend and I really enjoyed spending time with the family. It was busy with the wedding festivities, but we had a blast being together. Never a dull moment with our family.
I took the boys to the traditional pumpkin walk in Logan. Hunter didn't really get that they were pumpkins, but there were some cool designs! My favorite was the Looney Tunes display. Can I just tell you how much I love my Mobe wrap? It's the greatest, well besides the fact that I've had some people think I'm still pregnant and get confused when they see Carter's head pop out!
Of course I had to take a picture of Seinfeld.
We ended the walk with chocolate cookies. You better believe Hunter grabbed two and had to eat both at the same time. Totally kicking it in his stroller. He definitively has his dad's love for cookies! Couldn't be happier.
Hunter dressed up as a cowboy for Halloween. He LOVED his costume and felt pretty special wearing his special cowboy hat and riding his "stick" horse. He really was the cutest cowboy.
Hunter didn't really understand Halloween last year, so this year I thought I would prepare him a little better. I explained what it was and that if he wanted candy he had to say, "trick-or-treat." I knew this would be hard for this shy little guy. Well, he caught on pretty well and for days before Halloween he would run up to me and say "trick-or-treat" and hold out his hand for candy. Smart kid caught on pretty quick huh? Next time, we won't talk about it so far in advanced! This kid was DYING to go trick-or-treating for days.
I wish I would have gotten a better video. He was really quiet and the water bottle was obviously distracting. :)
Carter dressed up as "Super Baby."
Since Halloween was on a Saturday, Dayton was able to go trick-or-treating with us, which was really fun. We went to Lee's and they had the cutest Halloween Spook alley through the back stock room. They gave out grocery's and candy. It was by far our favorite place to go trick-or-treating.
Later, we went trick-or-treating down Main Street. However, since so many business were closed, it wasn't as good as last year. Hunter wanted to eat ALL of his candy and had a hard time only taking one candy, which sometimes upset the store owners. It was kind of funny.
Grandpa Dave and Grandma Shirlene were able to come up on Saturday and spent Halloween night with us before Carter's blessing the next day.
That smile. . . melts my heart. Isn't e the cutest?
That night we went to our ward's trunk or treat and chili cook off.
We decided to dress up as cowboys as well.
more trick-or-treating. . .
We got a picture with a few of our friends. Kiah, Hunter, Kyson, & Kayden.
Enjoying some chili.
Sadly, we didn't get to carve pumpkins with our busy Halloween weekend and Carter's blessing. Hunter didn't seem to care. He still really enjoyed the pumpkins. Dayton took him to pick out a few pumpkins. Dayton was busy sorting through trying to find a good carving pumpkin when he looked over and saw Hunter giving all of the pumpkins hugs. An older lady saw and thought that was the most adorable thing. She almost started to cry and she told Dayton how much she missed her grandchildren. She thought Hunter was so cute that she insisted on buying his pumpkin. Haha. We had a good laugh about that. Our tender little boy is just the cutest.
I love fall. It is by far my favorite season. I absolutely love anything pumpkin. . . we tried something new this year. We cooked dinner in a pumpkin. Dayton was quite impressed when he came home. I guess he had never heard doing that before so it is now going to be our families tradition.




























No comments:
Post a Comment