Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Hunter and Carter Update

I can't believe how fast these boys are growing up! I can't believe I will have a 4 year old and Carter still seems like my little baby, except now there is a new little baby coming in just a few weeks and I will be taking Carter to meet him. It kind of freaks me out a little bit. Can time just slow down?
Hunter:
Hunter is growing into a big brother. He has grown up SO much these past few months. Can I just say  I am so glad to be leaving the 3 year old stage? I'm really like this more mature, helpful Hunter. He takes his big brother role VERY seriously. He is a great example to Carter and wants to help him with whatever he needs. Carter idolizes him. They love each other and really are the best of of friends. I will admit, it is really nice that they will play together. Every night or during nap time, Carter MUST get a kiss and hug from Hunter. It about melts my heart. Siblings. That is why we keep having more children. It makes it all worth it. I know that Hunter will be a great help when new baby comes. He is so excited and I can't wait for them to meet each other.
Hunter is very bright and surprises me everyday. I'm going to sound like that bragging mom, but he has the best memory I have ever seen. I've been doing our own little preschool/activities and he learns so fast! He LOVES numbers. He loves to tell me what time it is and he can now count to 100. He knows almost all of his letters- capital and lowercase. . . and he still has two years until Kindergarten. It is just crazy.
Hunter loves being outside. Whether it is hiking, riding his bike, swimming, playing in the sand, going to the park, going for walks, anything. He loves it all. He enjoys doing legos. I think Dayton bought just about every small lego set imaginable. They are meant for ages 6-12, but this kid as them down. He likes to pull out his "constructions" as he calls them and build planes, ships, construction machines, cars, ect. He also likes to come up with his own creations. My personal favorite was when he made me flowers out of legos. Is he not the sweetest? He loves to find me "sunflowers" (really dandelions and I just love it. Hunter loves games and has inherited both Dayton and my competitive side. He likes candyland, uno, memory and matching games, blockus, "planet attack" aka war, old maid, and trouble. Hunter also likes digging in the dirt, cooking with Mom, and reading books. 
Hunter is very friendly and social. He can make a friend anywhere and loves to be around people. He also enjoys his alone time (which is really nice). 
Hunter's favorite foods are probably hamburgers, pizza, and ice cream. He is also a really healthy eater and enjoys our garden. He loves tomato mayo sandwiches and he LOVES watermelon. I have to hide it from in the fridge or else he will eat it all in one day! He also really like cucumbers. 
Hunter is a delight to have and we enjoy watching him grow and mature. 

Hunter loves swinging on the swings and playing at the park.



Hunter loves doing "crafts" of any kind. He and Carter both like to paint.

Hunter especially likes to paint rocks and will often collect rocks wherever we are to bring home to paint. 
This was a strawberry that Hunter painted. 
I painted a lizard and then Hunter wanted to paint one too!


These boys are just the best of friends!

Carter:
Carter is constantly making me laugh and smile. He is bursting with personality and loves to make people laugh. He does the craziest things sometimes and Dayton and I will just look at each other and loose it. He is full of life and really is the happiest little boy.
Carter loves his big brother and enjoys playing with him and following him everywhere. He likes to do everything Hunter does. 
Carter is very affectionate and is the best hug and kiss giver. He will randomly come cuddle with me and give me kisses. I love it. He is very sweet.
To say Carter loves motorcycles is an understatement. It doesn't matter where we are, he can also manage to find one. He also loves dirt bikes and four wheelers. He loves tractors and big trucks. Pretty much anything with a motor. He loves to ride the lawn mower with Dayton. 
Carter loves to build. He enjoys the play tool set but can also be found with a real hammer helping Dayton on a project.
Carter is mischievous and loves to tease people. He likes to wrestle with Daddy and big brother. 
Carter loves books and usually has one in his hands at all times. He has to go to bed with a book. His attention span is getting longer so we can read longer books now. 
Carter loves to play with cars and mini construction machines. He enjoys riding his bike and his little lawn mower. 
Carter is organized and likes things a certain way. He is particular and opinionated. He can be very stubborn and I'll admit he inherited that all from me. 
Carter loves food, especially meat. He will devour meat of any kind. He loves breads, muffins, and rice. He likes most fruits, corn, peas, and cucumbers. 
Carter started talking a few months ago and his vocabulary has exploded. He was in a pointing stage for what seemed like forever, but now he can communicate pretty well. He is very expression ate so I can usually tell what he wants pretty quickly. I'm amazed at the progress this boy has made. He is growing and finally gaining weight. He looks great!
I seriously can't get enough of this little boy. This is one of my favorite stages too.

Carter loves his tool set. A new favorite activity as of late is helping Hunter crack walnuts with a real hammer. 
Finger painting fun!


Carter found the tractor. . . 




Stopping for a snack at the park.
Hanging-out at "Mapleton Beach"

Carter's favorite: riding the lawn mower with Daddy.

Enjoying the backyard.




































No comments:

Post a Comment