Thursday, January 14, 2021

Date Weekend

Dayton and the rest of the boys were visiting Dayton's parents. It was just Carter and I home for the weekend. His friend "big Lucas" from school was having a birthday party and Carter really wanted to go. He had been talking about this party since the beginning of the school year. I was thrilled it actually happened. I was worried Carter had gotten over excited about a party that a 4 year old made up at school. He was excited for the weekend. We had a list of fun activities to do together. It was going to be a weekend full of mommy and Carter dates. We were just about to go out the door when I noticed Otie, our dog, wasn't in the backyard. I called and called for him to come and he never came. As I thought back throughout the day, I hadn't seen Otie since around lunch time. That was four hours ago. I became very worried. Carter and I got in the car and drove for an hour around our neighborhood. We didn't see any sign of him. We called the police to see if anyone had turned in or reported a missing dog. Nothing. We called neighbors to see if they had seen him. Nothing. We posted his information on social media and several lost dog sites. We went to the store to get a present for the party the next day, grabbed some dinner, and came home and still no sign of Otie. It was now very dark, and very cold. We were really worried about Otie and knew if he hadn't shown up yet, he probably wasn't going to make it home that night. Carter turned to me and said, "we should say a prayer for Otie." Carter then gave the sweetest prayer. He said, "Heavenly Father, please help us find Otie, help him come home. But if he can't, please keep him safe and please help someone to find him and take him in so he can stay warm tonight." We both looked at each other after the prayer and just started crying. We were supposed to have a weekend of dates, but Carter kept saying "All I can think about it Otie."
 We woke up that morning, and still no sign of Otie or any new leads. A few hours later, we got a knock on the door. It was a lady with Otie! She lived down the hill from us. She found him in her barn that morning with her own dog. She fed him breakfast. She was knocking on everyone's door until she found his owner. We were so grateful for her! Heavenly Father heard and answered Carter's prayer. Otie was indeed safe and he stayed warm in her barn. We were so relieved. It was a good reminder that Heavenly Father answers all of our prayers, no matter how small or insignificant they may seem. 

Carter has always had a special bond with Otie. I was glad I grabbed a few pictures of their reunion. A boy and his dog. 



That morning we played games and had a special breakfast. I need to run a few errands and clean Dayton's offices, so we grabbed Sam's Club pizza. Carter could not believe his slice of pizza took up the entire plate. He thought it was amazing. Carter the foodie.


Then we went to Coconut Cove for Luca's birthday party. Everyone got to dress up like super heroes. Carter chose to dress up like Spiderman. He was ecstatic. They had the cutest super hero cake, decorations, and party bag favors. Carter loved every minute of it and love playing with his preschool friends. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment