Last Sunday, October 20 2013, we blessed Hunter. It was also Christian's homecoming so we decided to combine two great things and do Hunter's blessing in Murray. It was a great day for a new mom :). I've never felt so loved and so blessed! It was so good to see our family and friends, especially Dayton's family since they hadn't seen Hunter since he was a week old. He sure has changed quite a bit. The church meeting was awesome. Christian did a fantastic job and gave such a powerful testimony on the changes the gospel brings. The spirit was so strong. Dayton gave an incredible blessing. It was so sweet and precious. Dayton blessed Hunter with health and strength. He blessed Hunter that praying, fasting, and studying the scriptures would prepare him for a mission and later prepare him to be married to his eternal companion. He blessed Hunter with joy and happiness and said that Hunter would bring his family much happiness. We have already seen this in the 2 months that he has been with us. Dayton concluded the blessing stating that Hunter and his mom would have a special relationship with his mom and that he would find great peace and comfort in confiding with her. I lost it at this point. I definitely was not planning on being so emotional. Being a mom does that. I already feel such a bond with Hunter and I am excited to see him grow up. Hunter has already blessed our lives so much. He has made us better people as we are constantly trying to do the right thing to set a good example for Hunter. He has taught us a lot and I'm sure he will only continue to do so. It is amazing how having children can change your life and give you a whole new perspective. Love has a completely new meaning. I feel that my love for Hunter and Dayton is stronger and deeper. It's a new kind of love. It makes me appreciate my Heavenly Father and his love for us and all of his children. I can't imagine the pain he feels when he sees his children suffering. I only understand a part of that pain. It breaks my heart when Hunter is sad or hurt. I can't even watch him get shots. I love this little guy so much! I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for blessing me with one of his children. I am grateful that I am a mom and that I get to stay home and spend every moment with this kiddo. I am so very blessed. Heavenly Father definitely watches over and protects our family. I'm glad I have the knowledge that I do. The church is true.
Here are a few pictures of Hunter's Big Day!
Getting Hunter ready.
Help from Grandma Shirlene
Uncle Cayden
My little guy all dressed up. What a stud!
Jackson, Trevor, Uncle Jim, Bo, Mariah, Cayden
Feeding the little monster
Beautiful Great Grandpa Fern meeting Hunter for the first time.
The Family: Brooke, Dayton, Shirlene, Dave, Hunter, Bo, Cayden, Mariah
Dave, Shirlene, Brooke, Hunter, Dayton
Our little family
Aunt Mariah
Grandma Shirlene
Tired after a long day.
Best Friends: Ellen Irion, Brooke, Hunter, Lindsay Wood
Our Family = Happiness
Laws: Bo, Mariah, Dave, Shirlene, Brooke, Hunter, Dayton, Cayden
Hunters: Dima, Anastasia, Stephen, Anne, Brooke, Hunter, Dayton, Preston, Christian, Alex
Brad & MaryAnne, and Michael there in spirit.
One Proud Mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment