Hunter is going to be a big brother! We are happy to announce that another little one will be joining our family. My due date is September 4. They will be almost exactly 2 years apart and I'm praying they don't have the same birthday. I was a week late with Hunter, so hopefully this one won't come early. We are beyond thrilled. I always wondered what ever made someone want to have another one, one is busy enough! I didn't know if I would ever have that "feeling" that we should have another. Well life never goes they way I think it will. It wasn't long after Hunter turned one, that I decided that I was ready for round 2. Dayton and I always wanted our children fairly close in age. About a month later, I was REALLY wanting another child. I don't even know how to describe it, but I knew I was ready and felt strongly that another one needed to come. I absolutely love being a mother and prayed Heavenly Father would entrust Dayton and I to raise another one of his special children. Because of different reasons, we didn't think I would be able to get pregnant very fast. At first, I was stressed and worried about it, I just wanted this little baby to come! I finally decided it was somewhat out of my hands and decided it would come when the time was right. Thinking it might be another 6 months at least, I carried on with life. Starting around the first of January, I started feeling really weird. . . uh oh I TOTALLY know this feeling, but was afraid to get my hopes up. I ended up taking a pregnancy test a few days later and sure enough, I was pregnant. It honestly still feels like a miracle and I feel so blessed and grateful. Dayton was busy studying that morning, but I couldn't wait to tell him. I knew he would be pretty surprised, but really excited it happened sooner than we thought it would. I sent him this in an e-mail (I knew he would check that before a text).
He couldn't believe it either. I feel strongly that each of our children have come at exactly the right time and I feel blessed that I can raise two children. We have talked about a few names, and I would love to have a girl. That would be so fun! I would seriously need to control myself. Too many fun things to buy. But, man a boy would sure be nice. They could be best buddies and I wouldn't even have to buy anymore clothes. Growing up with a house hold of boys, I am pretty comfortable and confident doing the boy thing. I am happy with either and don't really have a preference, but I think Dayton is nervous about having little girl. He would be so great though. I don't have specific feelings either way and can't wait to find out in just a few more weeks! I am a little worried about the transition for Hunter. . . let's just say I am already praying for that. . .He is just such a mommy's boy, but I think he will make a great big brother.
This pregnancy has sure been different from Hunters. . . in almost every way. They aren't kidding when they say every pregnancy is different. I am realizing how lucky I was with Hunter. His pregnancy wasn't too bad. This time I have been super sick and even though I'm almost 17 weeks, I'm still not quite feeling myself. It's getting there though. I think Heavenly Father blessed me last time because it was unexpected and I was busy teaching and going to school. I will say that I have way more respect for moms with lots of kids who are pregnant! I am in total survival mode! Those moms are superstars. I'm grateful for Dayton and the extra weight he has had to pull the past few months. We are thrilled for our next adventure. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment