Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Dayton Gets a Deer

Hunting has turned into an all year sport, instead of just a two week event at our house. Dayton now likes to bow hunt. The bow hunt started in August and went until the middle of October. On the second to last day, Dayton finally got a deer with his bow and he was so happy. He now claims he has reached, "Nephi status." Now if only he could make his own bow. . . . haha. We really were impressed that he got one. It's not an easy feat. He processed it all by himself. I was NOT happy to have a deer hanging in my backyard. Dayton tole me he would bring the rest inside to process. I thought it was going to be a few pieces to cut up smaller. I came downstairs and was shocked to see an ENTIRE CARCASS in my kitchen. Let's just say I spent several hours wiping and disinfecting every surface in the kitchen. We laugh about it now, but next time he has to go outside on an outdoor table. 



Carter was disappointed we didn't cook any deer that night, so the next day we smoked a few deer steaks. It actually wasn't as bad as everyone makes deer sound. Dayton announced at dinner, "Mountain to table, doesn't get better than that boys."






No comments:

Post a Comment