I went on a weekend getaway to St. George with some friends to run the snow canyon half marathon. We stayed at my friend Jessica's parents. We ran the race Saturday morning- It actually got canceled three days before because of high COVID numbers, but we still carried on with the trip and went anyways. I'm pretty sure everyone else still ran the course as well. It was a beautiful run. It actually ended up being pretty chilly for St. George, but it still made for a good running temperature. Unfortunately, a storm was coming in so we had head wind the entire race. We still ran faster than we had any other time. We felt great about that Afterwards we got massages and Bethany did everyone's nails. Then we went hot tubbing and watched a movie. It was so nice to relax and enjoy the weekend with friends without any kids. It was the first time I had left all the kids at home with Dayton. Not only that, but Dayton was in charge of the 2 week old chicks, and the 9 week old puppies! He had a lot on his plate, but still encouraged me to go. He was a champ. I guess it makes up for all his hunting trips.
Here was our race shirts. . . they were shirts with masks attached (its hard to see, but the loops go around the ears). They were horrible, but I'm sure someone thought they were pretty clever.




No comments:
Post a Comment