Friday, April 28, 2017

Loving our Backyard

The main reason we bought our house was because of our location and yard. I fell in love with it from the beginning and appreciate it so much more since we moved here. I love having a place for the boys to run around and explore. Otie has plenty of room. The fruit trees are amazing and I enjoy working the in yard and having a garden. It really is heaven. I love the view and not having to see my neighbors houses everywhere. It is just perfect. March was so warm that we spent almost all of our time outside in the yard, going for walks, and playing at the park. Now I am just ready for summer!

Buying this wheel barrow was probably one of the best purchases we made. We really needed it with all of the yard work we have been doing and it entertains the boys for HOURS! They seriously love just playing in it together. Best purchase ever.


 I took advantage of Carter's nap time to prune all 14 of our fruit trees. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. It was quite the project. It took all my spare time during the week and then Dayton helped two different weekends. Luckily we had beautiful weather. Hunter was a great help too.


 One Sunday we found Hunter eating his lunch outside on his table. We took this picture from our kitchen window. He loves having picnics outside.

Carter has an obsession with garden/working gloves. He always wants to wear them.
 . . . even when he is mowing the lawn.

We wanted to put in a garden so we utilized the space behind our orchard before the backyard slopes. We spent a lot of time bringing in dirt, pulling out old plants, and tilling the soil. Now we just need to keep the deer out!

 We also put a "cold" weather plant plot next to Otie's kennel. We planted spinach, lettuce, kale, broccoli, Brussel sprouts (because I have an obsession), peas, beans, carrots, and herbs. We will put the strawberries in soon. I can't wait for fall and summer when we get an abundance of fresh fruit and vegetables. It is my most favorite thing.
Hunter enjoyed planting the seeds. Start them young right?










No comments:

Post a Comment