For Valentine's Day we all got together and made Grandma Fern's famous red heart cookies. Grandma Fern would make them for all of the grandchildren every year and send them to you (for those that lived out of Cedar). It was something we looked forward to every year. I remember her even sending them to me when I was up at Utah State. She also sent them to the cousins serving missions. She was amazing. Every year we remake them to remember her. This year we did it all together and then talked about our favorite memories of Grandma Hatch and Grandma Fern (Hunter).
Valentine's Day was really fun for this kiddo. He understood more what it was and was so excited to frost cookies and take them to all of his friends. We had a blast. Hunter was even more excited to come home and discover his first Valentine on the porch. It made his day. His primary teacher also came to visit him and brought him a Valentine. He loved it.
This was the big Hershey's chocolate Grandma Shirlene brought Hunter. (He may or may not have gotten into the pantry one morning and eaten the entire thing at once. . . Oops).
I kept trying to get a picture of Hunter frosting his cookies. This is what I got. I sure love this crazy goofball. He thought he was hilarious.
Every year for Valentine's Day, Dayton makes me his famous crab dinner. This year I also requested Lobster (my favorite). Dayton also made sure I had my favorite veggies... asparagus and Brussel sprouts. Yum. I look forward to this dinner every year.






No comments:
Post a Comment