Monday, August 21, 2017

Dayton's Birthday

Dayton turned 28! We bought a smoker for him for a Father's Day slash birthday gift. He also got some very much needed dress shoes. He was still wearing the shoes from his mission! They had finally given out, but I was impressed they lasted that long. We got a great deal on Amazon Prime Day. The smoker has probably been my best gift ever. I should probably just top there. Haha. Seriously though, Dayton loves it and I enjoy experimenting on the smoker. We've made burgers, brisket, veggie salads, roast, chicken, pizza, and apple pie. I think apple pie and the pizza might be the favorite so far, but honestly anything we have ever put in there has been amazing. I am not a meat person, but I will admit that the meat is very moist and full of flavor. 

The boys and I took Dayton for a picnic lunch on his birthday. We then had a "smoker" dinner. We did a citrus chicken and it was sooo yummy. We then cooked Dayton's favorite, fazookies. Dayton and I got to hangout that night. I told him we were not allowed to work on any projects, we were simply going to enjoy being together. We sat outside and talked and then watched a movie. It was a chill, but great evening.

Cayden came over later that week and made his very own Oreo cheesecake. We were super impressed. What a great little brother. We love having Cayden so close!




No comments:

Post a Comment