We wanted to do something fun for our anniversary. However, Hunter was not sleeping through the night and still not taking bottles so we were kind of limited. I spent two weeks trying to get him to take a sippy cup and he finally did! He doesn't drink a ton, but I knew if he got hungry enough he would. He hasn't taking a zippy cup or bottle since he was three months so this was HUGE! Next step. . .sleeping through the night. I felt like Hunter was old enough that he could definitely do this. Dayton had been telling me for months to make him cry it out. . . I just couldn't do it, but now I was motivated. He only cried for a few minutes for three nights and has been great ever since! He sleeps from about nine ish to about six. Hallelujah. I feel like an entirely different person. It is so great. I've missed my sleep. I know some people put there kids to bed at like six or seven. . . but I couldn't take Hunter waking up any earlier.
We decided we could stay a night at a hotel and leave Hunter with my mom. I pumped plenty of milk over the next week so he would be good go. We booked a stay at the Hyatt place downtown at the gateway. We planned to go to dinner at Couscous Mediterranian Grill and to see a comedian at Wise Guys Comedy Club. I spent weeks researching a good restaurant that we hadn't been to before that would be gluten/allergy friendly. It was recommended to us by Annette Warburton, a good family friend. It was fairly new and in Murray so pretty convenient. I was pumped.
We were on our way to Murray and I realized I forgot all the milk in the freezer! Crap! Now what? After talking to my mom, we decided we would still go and hopefully Hunter would be okay. We planned to feed him, go to dinner, feed him, go to the comedy club, feed him yet again and then on to the hotel. Isn't it crazy how much your life revolves around feeding/nap schedules? Gotta love Hunter's two hour max. We dropped Hunter off and headed for the restaurant. We pulled and it looked like it was closed. Dayton took a closer look and there was a note left from the chef stating the restaurant would be closed for this weekend only for some kitchen renovations. Really?!?!? After all my time picking a place to eat. . . and just this weekend? I literally had been on their website just about every day that week, but they had posted this notice the day before. Literally the only day I didn't check out their website. Awesome. Unfortunately we now didn't have a lot of time before our show and I can't just go to any restaurant, so we headed back to my parents house and ate whatever we could find there. HUGE letdown. But, I am determined to go there next time we are in town. I was impressed that six different cars pulled up in the five minutes we were there also expecting it to be open.
We throughly enjoyed the comedians that night. They were hilarious, and very clean. We want to go again! We got back to my parents house and fed Hunter again and then put him down before we left. We got in the car and started driving to the hotel. Dayton had put the address in is phone since he still isn't very comfortable driving around Salt Lake (Gotta love my country boy). I informed him that he didn't need his GPS and to just get off the 600 s. exit and head to Gateway. We got off the exit and Dayton's phone was still on and informed us to turn around and get back on the freeway. . . . what? That doesn't make sense. . . . unless we are headed to the airport. That's right. Dayton didn't check the address when we booked it and we ended up staying at the Hyatt by the airport. hahaha. Things were just really working out. We laughed about it and decided if anyone asked we were going to Portugal. The hotel was really nice and we liked our large room. Dayton claims it is one of his favorite hotels. I think he mostly enjoyed their great continental breakfast. It really was quite impressive. We just laughed when the lady checking us in reminded us of the 24 hour shuttle to the airport. . . . pretty funny. It was pretty much the same set up as the gateway location and since we were only there from 10pm to 9 am, it really didn't matter. Dayton was just happy he saved ten extra bucks. :)
When we got back from the hotel I went to my best friend's baby shower, which was so fun. Can't wait for Abbey Maughan to have her baby! Afterwards I wanted to play with Hunter in the swimming pool at my parents.
Isaac sure is a great uncle!
Unfortunately the water was pretty cold so Hunter didn't last long, but it was still fun.
Playing with Daddy in the pool definitely made it a lot more exciting.
We convinced Papa to take out the Model A for the grandkids.
We fit everyone in (barely). I guess I was the only one ready for the picture. . . but you can see it was a pretty tight ride. Luckily it was just around the block.
The boy cousins.
The girls. I love this picture.
Hunter enjoyed reuniting with his cousin Kate. They were crawling and playing together.







No comments:
Post a Comment