We got back from the temple trip with my family and on the drive home that night Dayton mentioned he thought it would be fun to go to Roosevelt for a few days while all of his siblings were out there. At first, I did not like this plan. Being 38 weeks pregnant, I was hesitant to make a long drive and I didn't want to have a baby in Roosevelt. I promised Dayton I would think about it, and after some thought it would only be for a few days and I was pretty sure baby wasn't coming soon. I agreed and we spontaneously decided to go after church. We quickly packed up- I hadn't done laundry since before Christmas but we made it work- literally packed everyones last clean pair of clothes and we headed off. Zoe was in heat, so she made the trek with us. We didn't tell anyone we were coming and it was so fun to surprise them. I'm so glad we were able to make it work.
We brought Hunter's new games to play with everyone.
Grandpa played lots of Stratego with Hunter.
We did our usuals- played at the USU gym and at the preschool. A 38 weeks pregnant I still held my own in badminton.
The boys made a really cool tower at Grandma's preschool. They were proud of their "car garage tower."
They wanted to have their special treasure hunt with Grandpa Dave. They did it inside because of all the snow and Grandpa made it pretty challenging. They had a hard time finding on his clues. He was nice to offer some guidance, but he definitely made them think.
Aunt Mariah made yummy pretzel bites everyone couldn't get enough of.
The trip was short and sweet, but we had a great time together. Of course there were lots of books read and lots of cuddles. We partied hard over Christmas break that's for sure.


















No comments:
Post a Comment