We welcomed Parker Stephen Law into the world on January 16.
He weighed 7 lb. 7 oz. He is absolutely perfect. We are smitten with his thick dark hair. It looks just like another Law boy and fits right in. Dayton and I were hesitant to have another child, but I kept feeling that we had another little one waiting to join our family. After Parker's birth, I was overwhelmed with joy and peace that our family is here. To know that our family is all here together is a wonderful feeling. Parker completes our family.
I was starting to think I was going to be pregnant forever. At my 40 week check up I was still only dilated to a 1 and hadn't made any progress in 3 weeks. Dr. Jeff Nance and I talked and came up with a plan. I still really wanted to go on my own, but didn't want to go much over 41 weeks due to complications that can arise. We decided we would give it another week to see. I was scheduled to have a stress test on the following Thursday and then if I hadn't gone by the weekend, I would schedule an induction.
Over the next few days, I started feeling a lot of pressure up by my ribs. Baby's positioning just felt different. I was worried the baby had flipped. (At my appointment a few days earlier, my doctor was also concerned the baby was breached. But, after double checking, he was pretty sure the head was down). I called my doctor and we did an ultra sound just to make sure. Luckily, baby's head was down and everything looked great. However, our plans changed. My doctor literally just found out his wife's grandpa had passed away. He would be out of town all weekend in California. I wanted him to deliver me and didn't want to go over 41 weeks, so I decided to be induced before he left town. He gave me his cell phone number and after talking with Dayton, we decided to schedule an induction for Thursday and skip the stress test. With only a few days until the induction, I was getting so antsy to meet our new little one. The night before, neither of us slept much. I was too nervous and excited. We got to the hospital about 6:30 that morning. Our sweet neighbor Terryl Swanson came over to stay with the boys that morning until my mom could come down a few hours later.
The delivery went well. They started my IV at 8:30 that morning and at 11:44 Parker was here! It was super fast- especially considering I was still dilated to a 1 and not very thinned out when they started me. It was nice that it went so fast, but unfortunately after all of our planning, Dr. Jeff Nance wasn't able to be there. He had texted me that morning to see how things were going. He told me he had a few surgeries, but should be able to be there, especially since I was getting an epidural. Just before 11:30 I felt so much pressure and knew this baby was coming and coming fast. I told Dayton to call a nurse because I was terrified I was going to have the baby without anyone in here. The nurse came in and checked me and I could tell by her face, she knew he was coming fast. She said, "I don't get paid enough to deliver babies. But, we are going to be lucky to get any doctor in here, let alone Dr. Nance." Well she was right. (I've now had a different doctor deliver each out our boys). She hurried and prepped for the doctor. Dr. Steve Nance rushed in and with one push Parker was here. We couldn't have waited. Parker's heartbeat was dropping with each contraction and my blood pressure was really low. It turned out the cord was wrapped around Parker's neck twice and also wrapped around his arm. I had to stop mid push and let him unravel Parker before he could come all the way. The first thing Dr. Steve Nance said was, "Oh my, look at all that dark hair." Ah. I got so excited to meet this cute boy! So incredibly grateful that Parker came alive and healthy and that everything went well during delivery. In a last effort to have Jeff Nance deliver me, they have me a huge push of an epidural to prolong delivery for 20 minutes so he could be there. Well literally minutes later Parker came anyways. Unfortunately that much epidural at the end did not help my blood pressure and nausea. I felt very weak and tired after delivery. I'm on a limited food diet due to some health issues I've had over the last year and wasn't even able to eat anything until we got to my room. Luckily, after a little food and some blood pressure medicine, I was feeling better.
Resting with Parker skin to skin after delivery. I have never felt so tired and weak.
Shirlene and Dave surprised us at the hospital. They had never come to the hospital to visit our other babies. They knew this would be out last, so they took advantage and jumped in the car when they heard Parker had arrived. Cayden and Savannah came to visit too.
Shirlene brought me these beautiful flowers. Seriously, isn't that such a cute arrangement?
Parker finally got a bath that night and smelled heavenly. I just love his hair. He has a fohawk to match all the other brothers.
Our family all together.
Hunter loves that Parker looks like him and has dark hair. He was so excited to meet him and had to hold him multiple times. This guy is sure loved.
Me and my boys!
Cooper was hesitant about Parker at first, but then he warmed right up and wanted to hold him. He is a proud big brother.
Carter was so sweet during pregnancy- always asking about me and baby. He was so excited for Parker to come. He is a very concerned and thoughtful big brother.


Papa and Parker. Parker is named after my Dad, Stephen.
Dayton is the baby whisperer. Seriously, he can always calm him down and they both love rocking together.
Parker all dressed in his "going home outfit." Because the delivery was so fast, I didn't get enough antibiotics in before Parker arrived so we had to stay the full 48 hours. We were sure ready to go home and get some rest! My mom kept the boys for the weekend so we were able to go home and enjoy some alone time with Parker. It was so needed and we loved being with him for a bit before brothers came home.
Bundled up for the cold January weather.
Home sweet home. Enjoying his bouncer.
Dayton and Parker enjoying the rocking chair- their new favorite place.


























































No comments:
Post a Comment