We wanted the boys to do a service project that would be meaningful to them. On Just Serve, I found a home that wanted volunteers to come and play games with their residents. Knowing how much Hunter loves playing games, I hough this was perfect. I explained to the boys why they are here and how lonely they can get. They usually don't have family near by or get very many visitors. We played Sorry and Kerplunk, but the real favorite game was giant sized bowling. The residents were hilarious and could not get enough of it- some of them were pretty good too. We had a great time and were there for hours. After we left, the boys both expressed that hey wanted to keep going back. They suggested every Sunday. I said maybe every other month or so. We are excited to go back again soon. . . maybe after baby is a little older.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment