We go to Bear Lake as a Hunter extended family every year. Unfortunately it falls on the same weekend as the big Law reunion. So Dayton and I split forces. I took Cooper and Carter with me to Bear Lake. We had a fabulous time.
Cooper and Olivia chillin' on the tube.
We got lots of kayaking in.
Every year when I was a kid, my Grandpa Hunter would dress up as the Bear Lake monster. My cousin Jake and his son Kobe have since taken on that tradition. We had all the grandkids playing on the beach when Jake and Kobe came out of the water. Cooper saw him before the other kids. He saw him walking up to the beach and Cooper booked it! It didn't want to be anywhere near that monster. By the time I caught up to him, he was halfway up to the property (the lake was far out). We were all dying. I finally caught up to him and told him to come back with me. He was kicking and screaming, "No! No, mom please! He's a bad monster. He's a bad monster. It's not safe!!! IT'S NOT SAFE!!!!" Poor kid thought I was taking him to his grave. He saw that the monster was giving everyone candy and he decided he couldn't be all that bad. His face was still red from crying to hard, but he did agree to get a picture with the Bear Lake monster. It is priceless and the best reaction we have ever had. It took Cooper months to process it all. He would constantly ask about the Bear Lake monster. "Mom, are there stores in the lake? How did the monster get us all candy?" So many questions . . . HAHA
Tony was a crack up. He couldn't decide if he liked the feeling of sand or not.
Antinette always has bingo and fun prizes for everyone.
We also did a running piƱata. Christian was a good sport.
Olivia, Carter, Evelyn
Jake and Cooper playing scoop ball.
Emma and I really bonded on this trip. Sure love being an Aunt!
My mom was in charge of a dinner meal and went all out with a Chinese theme.
Cooper and Krew hanging out together.
Carter loves the kayaks.
I got to try wakeboarding and I was so impressed I got up. I haven't tried in over 10 years. It was a blast!
I had to send Dayton proof that I set up the tent ALL BY MYSELF and was quite proud.


No comments:
Post a Comment