Thursday, October 22, 2020

Hunter's First Day

Hunter started 1st grade at Sage Creek doing the Chinese Dual Immersion Program. Lots of changes this year- in school all day, new school, two teachers, and learning Chinese. 
He knew a few kids in his class, but for the most part he was on his own. 
I am so proud and impressed with Hunter. He is such a little adult. He has always been that way. He came out of womb as such an observant, serious, driven little guy. But the maturity change in the last year has just been crazy. I love his quirky little personality. He can make friends so easily. He has a little group of guy friends. He comes home and tells me about his day and all the ins and outs of the friend group. I absolutely love hearing all the details and am so glad he wants to talk to me about them. 
Hunter is catching on to Chinese so quickly. I'm amazed how much he as learned already. I was learning along with him, but I'm already behind. Its been fun to remember some of the Chinese I had forgotten. Hunter loves school and is an excellent student. 
I was worried about wearing masks and all the COVID precautions they have to take and how they would impact the kids. Kids are resilient and it hasn't been a problem. Everyone in his class is really good about wearing masks. 
Hunter has wonderful teachers and I am so grateful for them and all they do to make their classrooms such a fun, safe environment. 
Here is Hunter with Mrs. Yu
Hunter with Mrs. Shaffer
The boys all masked up for the school open house.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment