Sunday, October 20, 2019

Disneyland

We took our first ever family trip to Disneyland in February. We surprised the boys for Christmas with the trip and they were so excited to go. We made sure to catch up on all Disney movies and we set off for the drive. We thought if we could wake up really early to start driving, the boys would sleep a lot of the drive. We were on the road by 4 a.m., but sadly our planned failed miserably. Nobody slept the entire 9 hour drive! Praise technology because they got to watch shows and read epic books along the way to keep them entertained, but it was a long drive. We packed the boys their own little snack amd activity bags which totally saved our bacon. I couldn't believe Cooper didn't even sleep. He didn't watch any shows, so he was quite the trooper. We stopped for lunch, which was really breakfast just outside of Vegas. The boys were thrilled to get to eat at McDonalds- a special treat around here.
We got to California in great time and weren't able to check into our hotel for a bit so we stopped at a park to get some wiggles out. It was a little chilly, but nice to be able to get out of the car. 

The next day we went to Disneyland. The boys were all decked out in their "Mickey" gear. We came into the park and saw Pluto right away. The boys loved meeting the characters. I promise Hunter was with us, but decided he was above being in pictures that day. 



The Buzz Lightyear ride became a favorite. It was one of the few rides Hunter really enjoyed so we grabbed fast passes and went again and again and again. I think we rode it 6 times in a row!

Riding Finding Nemo Submarine Ride.
Cooper was a champ and spent a lot of time in the stroller and standing in lines. He didn't ever take a nap and we were literally there all day long. He remained his cute, happy little self and enjoyed being with the family. 

I somehow convinced Hunter to go on space mountain with me. I'm still not sure how I did that, but it probably wasn't good because it scared him. I forgot how dark that ride was. For someone who likes to control everything and know whats going on, it was not the best choice of rides. I heard him screaming on the ride and thought it was a good scream. I looked at him after the ride and realized it was most definitely NOT the good kind of screaming. 

Autopia ride

Dumbo became another favorite ride, so we rode it multiple times. 





Watching the daily Disney parade. The boys loved all the floats and characters.


Boys on the first go of the teacups.


Town- the kids couldn't wait to meet Mickey Mouse. Cooper was very entertained by all the characters and thought they were so funny. 




Minnie's House
When I was three years old, I went to Disneyland and loved Minnie Mouse. We have a picture of me doing this same pose. I obviously had to recreate it.

Carter and I went on the Mickey Mouse ride in Toones Town. I am SO glad I got this on video. He was so excited, but a little shocked by the roller coaster. 

2: We spent the next day in Disneyland again. Carter loved all the rides and wanted to do everything. Hunter enjoyed the shows and characters. We learned from day 1 we were better to divide and conquer and let each kid do what they wanted. 
Hunter enjoyed "It's a Small World."


Carter was brave and tried the Haunted Mansion ride. It was spooky, but he said he loved it. 
Afterwards, Dayton and Carter stopped at Tarzan.

Mom can't stomach the tea cups, so Carter and Daddy had a good ride! Teacups Round 2

Dayton and Cooper explored Disney on the Monorail. 
We went back to Tooney town and the boys enjoyed the little playground area by Goofy's house. It was nice for Coops to crawl around and play.





 


Riding the Carousel.
 

Meeting Captain Hook. He was Cooper's favorite character.
 


Oh the joys of getting a family picture! HAH.



More Dumbo. . . 
 
Sword and the Stone. . . he almost had it!


Car racing with the bug. 




That night we stayed for the Mickey Mouse light show dance. It was late and Cooper and Carter ended up falling asleep for a bit, but Hunter and I sure got to rock it on the dance floor. 



Day 3: We were going to take a break from Disneyland and head to the beach and relax at the hotel, but the weather changed. It was going to be rainy the next two days and this day was a little warmer and more promising, so we buckled up and went for it. We spent this day in California Adventure. It did rain some, but it wasn't too bad. Lucky for us we brought our ponchos and were still able to enjoy the  park. The boys loved the redwoods forest play area. 


We divided and conquered again. Dayton took Carter and Cooper on a few rides while Hunter and I went to get Ghiradelli chocolates and learn about sourdough bread making. It was right up Hunter's alley and he enjoyed it much more than the rides. Carter and Dayton and a great time. They hit the Ferris Wheel. I think Cooper may have had his reservation about that one. . . 


Cars land was a definite must. 




We went to see the show Frozen and ran into a bunch of characters along the way. I think meeting Spiderman (Hunter's idol) completed the trip. He was DARLING with the boys.




Carter was practicing the whole trip to be able to "cast a web" like Spiderman. He was so proud he could manipulate his fingers that way for the picture. haha.



Dayton got fast passes for him and I to ride the incredible coaster. I had never been but it was Dayton's favorite ride as a kid so he insisted we take turns riding. Can you spot Dayton?

Day 4: We drove to the beach, but it was so windy and rainy, we didn't really get out. We swam at the hotel and then went bowling. We were so glad we did Disneyland the day before because it was a down pour.



X for strike!
The next day we got up and drove back home. The boys slept for a bit, but not much. Luckily we decided to let them sleep as much as possible and get breakfast before leaving. It was such a fun trip- the first really big trip we had ever done with just our family. It exactly that. A family trip- not a vacation. We were exhausted. It was rough at times, but lots of fun memories. Sure love our little family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment